BE CAREFUL OF SPAMMERS!

The latest news from the admins
NECRAT
Site Admin

BE CAREFUL OF SPAMMERS!

Post by NECRAT » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:11 am

Folks, just a word to the wise...

If a user on here doesn't seem normal, (aside from me of course), posts a cryptic message with an odd link in it, or has a weird username with a fake looking email address (i.e. backlaolog@neverneverever.net, fjkjek@homnahsjah.com) do NOT click on the website link in their message, or the www link inside their profile. Doc, Kent, and I are fighting these spammers as much as possible, but it is possible for a spammer to get on here for a SHORT period of time before we can catch, and subisquently ban them. Going to their webpages could mean BIG trouble for those of you who don't have good anti virus protection. Also don't attempt to email them either. We will hit these spammers as soon as they attack.

Moderators will delete any spam messages in those short time frames when one of two admins, or myself aren't availble to do so.
http://www.necrat.us

"Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"

K9EZ
Site Admin

Re: BE CAREFUL OF SPAMMERS!

Post by K9EZ » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:56 am

NECRAT wrote:Folks, just a word to the wise...

If a user on here doesn't seem normal, (aside from me of course), posts a cryptic message with an odd link in it, or has a weird username with a fake looking email address (i.e. backlaolog@neverneverever.net, fjkjek@homnahsjah.com) do NOT click on the website link in their message, or the www link inside their profile. Doc, Kent, and I are fighting these spammers as much as possible, but it is possible for a spammer to get on here for a SHORT period of time before we can catch, and subisquently ban them. Going to their webpages could mean BIG trouble for those of you who don't have good anti virus protection. Also don't attempt to email them either. We will hit these spammers as soon as they attack.

Moderators will delete any spam messages in those short time frames when one of two admins, or myself aren't availble to do so.
Indeed! Please be careful! we are doing our best to keep these people under control. do NOT click on their links. Some of the pages have had Worms and other nasties attached to them.

Thanks!
Kent Winrich
Owner, Consultant, Floor Sweeper and Official Thread Hijacker
Broadcast and Technology Blog http://sceotech.com/blog/
Raleigh, NC