General Update

The latest news from the admins
BroadcastDoc
Site Admin

General Update

Post by BroadcastDoc » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:15 pm

Hello World!

Again, thank you for participating. On behalf of the moderators, Kent (K9EZ) and myself welcome you to the Virtual Engineer. The site has taken off much faster than we would have ever imagined. That is really thanks to you! Content is what will make this site a great destination to those who want to talk about our passion.

As we grow, and hopefully hit certain milestones, we hope to make changes and updates that will benefit the Broadcast Engineering community as a whole. As I've mentioned before - this isn't a money making or ego-driven venture. This is about two guys who love Broadcast Engineering, and want to offer something to the community.

An important part to any forum are the moderators. Good moderators struggle with the thought of stepping in and making decisions. Anyone who truly enjoys getting in the middle of things is probably not a good candidate. Moderators exist to assure a good flow of thoughts and discussions. We have a "secret" section here for the moderators to talk amongst themselves about issues, and it's my hope that they'll use that area to their benefit. I personally don't plan to do much in the way of moderating. I don't want this to be "my board" - rather it is the community's. Kent and I are prepared to step in if necessary, since not everything can be done by committee, and somebody needs to have final authority, but I don't see much of that happening.

Anyway, our policy is that the moderators are allowed to participate in discussions, but are asked to seek a second opinion from Kent or I if there is a moderation question involving a thread thay they have participated in, just to be fair.

For the ease of communications for the members of our community, I have set up email addresses for the Administrators and Moderators. To send a message to the mods, use the PM function, or send an email to their username@broadcastengineering.info.

We hope to have some posing guidelines up soon.

Thank you all again for participating!
Christopher "Doc" Tarr CSRE, DRB, AMD, CBNE
Help support the Virtual Engineer, use our 1&1 Affiliate link if you need good, cheap hosting.
Virtual Engineer. The Broadcast Engineering discussion forum