Comrex Access "No Modem Device" Message

Where the magic happens...or something...
socaljerry

Comrex Access "No Modem Device" Message

Post by socaljerry » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:49 pm

I am new to the portable Comrex Access. It was working fine initially with an ethernet cable plugged into my home Internet router. I recently took the unit on the road and attempted to set up a POTS connection. When I attempted to connect via that connection, I got a message that said, "no modem device." I am now getting that message when I try to connect again via ethernet cable. I called Comrex support, and they thought it was the cable. I have tried different cables, and get the message every time. Anyone have suggestions that might help with this problem?

I'm also looking for engineering help to set up my home studio. Don't know if this forum is the place to ask for that, or not. I live in Cathedral City, California (near Palm Springs).

Thanks.

boiseengineer(old)

Re: Comrex Access "No Modem Device" Message

Post by boiseengineer(old) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Is this how you have this set up?
You a PC Card modem plugged into the slot on the Access
That's plugged into a dial-up POTs Plain Old Teliphone line with dial tone?

The other end if it's a Rack Access has an internatl POTs Modem. It has a dial-up POTs line plugged into it?

POTs "Network" connections don't work through the ethernet connection.

As for your ethernet connection not working sounds like you have changed your "Network" connection to specify the "POTs Modem" instead of the "Ethernet Port".

socaljerry

Re: Comrex Access "No Modem Device" Message

Post by socaljerry » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:57 pm

I think I have found the help I need. And glad to have found this forum. If anyone knows a good radio engineer in the Palm Springs, CA area, I'm looking for help setting up my home studio. Will pay someone for their time. Thanks.