Sparta Audio Consoles

Where the magic happens...or something...
Radiotech

Sparta Audio Consoles

Post by Radiotech » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi,

I am currently trying to restore three old Sparta audio consoles, a A15B, a AS30B and a 2001. The last one is actually under the Cetec brand. Never even knew that they made that one until it was given to me. I am looking for manuals on all three. I do have some original Sparta schematics for the individual cards in the A15 and AS30 consoles. I have CADed these up along with a schematic of the A15B (AS30B coming soon) that I would be willing to share. Also interested in obtaining any spare parts that might be sitting out there in boxes, I apparently threw mine away a while back, blast!

Some of my consoles are missing an amp or two so I am started to design some replacement PC boards for them. They will look like the originals on the top, parts placement, etc, but the bottom will not have the curvy traces that the originals had since my PC board program won't let me do that. As I get them done I'll be willing to share those too. They are done in ExpressPCB.

Don't ask why I am restoring them, it is just fun. Hopefully there are some others out there who like the old Sparta line as well.

Thanks,

Dave

Deep Thought

Re: Sparta Audio Consoles

Post by Deep Thought » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:27 pm

PC board program? Bah...real men use tape and an X-acto knife. 8)

I don't have any manuals but I'll keep my eyes open. Good luck!
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

Conelrad

Post by Conelrad » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Keep in mind that the power buss is red negative, black positive. That dumb fact gave me a lot of grief years ago.

I always thought Sparta was Greek for $hit...

73DG

Radiotech

Post by Radiotech » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:22 pm

PC board program? Bah...real men use tape and an X-acto knife.

Yes, and our lungs are a curious shade of orange due to all of the etchant fumes inhaled over the years!

Dave