USB Audio interface

Cha-Ching!!
K9EZ
Site Admin

USB Audio interface

Post by K9EZ » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:14 am

Anyone using like M Audio interfaces that allow you to bring in audio via USB?

Like to know what you are using and how it works for you.
Kent Winrich
Owner, Consultant, Floor Sweeper and Official Thread Hijacker
Broadcast and Technology Blog http://sceotech.com/blog/
Raleigh, NC

ajstriker

Re: USB Audio interface

Post by ajstriker » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:56 pm

I actually use the Lexicon Omega USB interface (studio only) and 2 PreSonus Firepod Firewire interfaces (remote and studio recording). The Firepods work better with XP or Mac and the Omega works better with Vista/XP.
There's always room for a bigger amplifier!

Muadeeb

Post by Muadeeb » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:07 pm

I've used one of their older boxes (Quattro) that worked well. Only problem I had was when using it and my laptop, I got a ground loop, even though all were on the same power strip. Lifting the laptop supply fixed.
Procrastination I can totally do. I'm good at it, I have a black belt in procrastination, it's an art form for me, I'm the absolute King of, well, I'll finish this thought la

Shane

Post by Shane » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:36 pm

To continue on the tangent briefly: That's a pretty common problem with laptop power supplies apparently. Had to lift ground on one laptop supply so I could record audio from the board at church when switching to a new laptop that had the third prong on the power supply (the previous one did not). Then had the same solution again trying to use a USB remote control mouse device on the laptop used to play video. All kinds of weird noises came up through the audio connection to the video laptop when using the remote. I figured it was just possessed and disconnected it; threw it into the corner to be ignored... until I tried it again some time later and thought to lift the ground. All became clear concerning the weird noises.

I had purchased a USB interface to use with that same audio laptop mentioned first above but the software/drivers that came with it were only for XP and that laptop has Win2000 on it and it's too underpowered to ever think about putting XP on it so I haven't had occasion to use the USB device yet. I'd tell you what it is if I could find it! Haven't had any need for it since switching to a Zoom H2. That little thing outperforms anything we've used so far.

Anyway, Kent, you've given me a reason to go searching for the gizmo and try it out.
Mike Shane, CBRE
---Omaha---

eadler

Post by eadler » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:28 pm

If you're looking, http://sellout.woot.com/ has them today. $20 + $5 shipping. Today only. Deal is gone when items are gone and/or midnight Central time (whichever happens first).
Eric "tonsofpcs" Adler
http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/
Twitter: @eric_adler