cheap alternative to a 360

Cha-Ching!!
K9EZ
Site Admin

cheap alternative to a 360

Post by K9EZ » Sun May 09, 2010 6:45 pm

I cannot for the life of me remember the name.. but there is a piece of software, pretty cheap, that allows you to trigger off audio clips and SFX like a 360. Anyone remember what it is???
Kent Winrich
Owner, Consultant, Floor Sweeper and Official Thread Hijacker
Broadcast and Technology Blog http://sceotech.com/blog/
Raleigh, NC

wb9fhr

Re: cheap alternative to a 360

Post by wb9fhr » Sun May 09, 2010 11:24 pm

BSI Stinger

Dave Janzer Milwaukee

TheSigma

Post by TheSigma » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:58 am

Wide Orbit automation for radio (formerly google automation) incorporates such a feature, I think they call it hotkeys. We have touchscreen monitors so it's just like a 360 instant replay, except the file name appears on the button, so it's even better. Button size is customizable too. I nstalled the hardware and don't know much more about the system other than the jocks seem to like it a lot. not an endorsement, strictly informational.

eadler

Post by eadler » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:13 am

Most automation systems can do that and there are a number of standalone pieces of software for it as well. Heck, there's even physical "drum machine" surfaces that can do it (I recall one that Guitar Center back home used to have on display... I want to say Yamaha... that has 16 2.5" square pads that just need a light tap to play a sound out, defaulted to drum sounds but allowed for recording anything you wanted up to a minute or so on each)
Eric "tonsofpcs" Adler
http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/
Twitter: @eric_adler

boiseengineer(old)

Post by boiseengineer(old) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Assigning audio to buttons on the fly can be an important consideration.
Most on-air automation products do that to some degree. Some better than others. I only have experience with SS32 and find it a bit of a kluge.

Muadeeb

Post by Muadeeb » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:32 am

With Enco, you can drag straight form the library into an array panel. Of course, you can also just play straight from the library for a one-off play.

Now, returning to Kent's original question, what about free/inexpensive options?
Procrastination I can totally do. I'm good at it, I have a black belt in procrastination, it's an art form for me, I'm the absolute King of, well, I'll finish this thought la

eadler

Post by eadler » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Inexpensive, with integral automation/playback, there's SAM (both PartyDJ and Broadcaster) for Windows.
Inexpensive/free, without automation/playback, just a "sound board", just search for "sound board software" with your favorite internet search tool.
Eric "tonsofpcs" Adler
http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/
Twitter: @eric_adler