IP/PBX "Telephone" Hybrid

Cha-Ching!!
eadler

IP/PBX "Telephone" Hybrid

Post by eadler » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:39 am

We are investigating the possibilities of replacing our old PBX system and possibly our direct lines with a new system. Are there any VoIP or other modern PBX systems that have built-in hybrid capabilities, both for a multi-line call-in type system and for a single-line auto-answer type system? What are your experiences with them?

Thanks!
Eric "tonsofpcs" Adler
http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/
Twitter: @eric_adler

eadler

Re: IP/PBX "Telephone" Hybrid

Post by eadler » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:04 pm

I have spoken to a few manufacturers and it seems that Telos Systems is the only one with a currently shipping product to handle such, the Telos VX. I have yet to see any "built-ins" inside PBXs but am still investigating.
Eric "tonsofpcs" Adler
http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/
Twitter: @eric_adler

stephend2

Post by stephend2 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:22 pm

If you have an existing analog multi line hybrid, you could get a multi line ata (fxs gateway) with each port configured as an extension on the PBX, have the PBX handle hunting.

I've also tossed around the idea of having a single ata port to a single hybrid and using call queues to handle multiple calls with something like isymphony to handle switching calls.

I have a freepbx setup I can test this on if there is interest, all the software is free open source, isymphony has free and paid versions, its a java based on screen call manager. I will look at the features in the free version as I have it running at my office.

Conelrad

Post by Conelrad » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:57 am

I have installed a simple system in several stations that have no choice but to use newer digital or VOIP phones.

All the sets have a 'headset' jack, so i connect to that, run it through a couple A-67J 600/600 transformers, and into the phone pot/mix-minus buss on the mixer. Play with the gain trim levels in the mixer to eliminate any overload distortion products. An external EQ on the RX circuit may improve things but isn't usually necessary.

To go on the air with it, just pot up the phone and hit the headset button. It retains full functionality of the system, and gives as good quality audio as you can get without a lot of expense.

Dennis