Cetec (Bauer) 701B 1 KW AM TX available

Ham it up!
Deep Thought

Cetec (Bauer) 701B 1 KW AM TX available

Post by Deep Thought » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:37 pm

A client has a Cetec (Bauer) 701B 1 KW AM transmitter sitting in SE Wisconsin that he needs to get rid of. This is the version with the solid state oscillator/buffer and modulator drivers. Uses 4-400s or 4-500s in the mod or final amplifier. It appears complete and has had some of the lower-level transformers replaced with Peter Dahl subs. No way to test it though, and you'll have to come and get it. Could be a nice 160 meter rig...simple circuitry and easy to get at the various bits, lots of room inside too.

Photo is of the same model but not this specific transmitter.

Contact me at mark@muellerbroadcastdesign.com if interested.
5576eb24.jpg
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

RGORJANCE

Re: Cetec (Bauer) 701B 1 KW AM TX available

Post by RGORJANCE » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:42 am

Deep:

If that is where I think it is, I have actually worked on it. One outage was a failure in the solid state section, which I recall was the oscillator, or driver. Someone had previously replaced it without using heat sync grease.

The second was a spectacular biological failure. The biggest durn grass snake I have ever seen crawled into the HV section and shorted out across a filter cap. Rather a stinky problem. Removed short and aired out the room and we were back up in good form, snakeless of course.

It was a pretty reliable rig while I was there.

Fossil

dd92251

Post by dd92251 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:45 am

Is the rig still available ? I may know of some Chicago area Hams that would be interested.

Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Yep...still there but probably needs to move in the next 30 days or so since they're cleaning out the building. I'll ask my client to hang onto it.
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com