Tropo Nashville<=>Green Bay (?!)

Trying for the big catch?
w9wi

Tropo Nashville<=>Green Bay (?!)

Post by w9wi » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:25 pm

Since I know there are a bunch of fellow Badgers on this board... if any of you are still awake... just heard WAPL-105.7 Appleton. Just barely making it over WNRQ 105.9's IBOC sideband, but the "Wisconsin's Rock Station 105-7 WAPL" ID leaves no doubt...

Band is full of central Illinois signals - had WMBI-FM Chicago a couple of hours ago, though with their 100kw signal they tend to show up in places where no other Chicago station goes...
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66

Tim Burke
Forum Jedi

Re: Tropo Nashville<=>Green Bay (?!)

Post by Tim Burke » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:27 am

w9wi wrote:Since I know there are a bunch of fellow Badgers on this board... if any of you are still awake... just heard WAPL-105.7 Appleton. Just barely making it over WNRQ 105.9's IBOC sideband, but the "Wisconsin's Rock Station 105-7 WAPL" ID leaves no doubt...

Band is full of central Illinois signals - had WMBI-FM Chicago a couple of hours ago, though with their 100kw signal they tend to show up in places where no other Chicago station goes...
I've been getting some decent DX here in Chicago. I'm getting 'B93.3' in Menomee Falls, WI right now, Getting a LOT of Southern Illinois and Michigan DX as well.

w9wi

Post by w9wi » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Tim Burke wrote:I've been getting some decent DX here in Chicago. I'm getting 'B93.3' in Menomee Falls, WI right now, Getting a LOT of Southern Illinois and Michigan DX as well.
Actually Milwaukee, I think it's on one of the TV towers north of town. The station licensed to Menomonee Falls (98.3) now transmits from the (102.9?) tower just across the highway from Miller Park.

(I grew up about a half-mile north of the old 98.3 tower, in Tamarac Swamp in the Falls proper. Would have been a great site for an *AM* station...)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66

K9EZ
Site Admin

Post by K9EZ » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:46 pm

w9wi wrote:
Tim Burke wrote:I've been getting some decent DX here in Chicago. I'm getting 'B93.3' in Menomee Falls, WI right now, Getting a LOT of Southern Illinois and Michigan DX as well.
Actually Milwaukee, I think it's on one of the TV towers north of town. The station licensed to Menomonee Falls (98.3) now transmits from the (102.9?) tower just across the highway from Miller Park.

(I grew up about a half-mile north of the old 98.3 tower, in Tamarac Swamp in the Falls proper. Would have been a great site for an *AM* station...)
B93.3 is on the Ch 10 Candelabra. The NOISIEST Armstrong jet engin..... ermmmmm transmitter you will ever see/hear. They used to be co located with WMIL (one of my old stations) at the Ch 24 tower.

98.3 and 102.9 and 106.9 are all on the same tower (with WJYI). Right KPLJ???
Kent Winrich
Owner, Consultant, Floor Sweeper and Official Thread Hijacker
Broadcast and Technology Blog http://sceotech.com/blog/
Raleigh, NC