Headphone abuse

A case of PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair)? Tell us about your war stories!
w9wi

Headphone abuse

Post by w9wi » Wed May 02, 2012 11:07 pm

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66

w9wi

Re: Headphone abuse

Post by w9wi » Wed May 02, 2012 11:10 pm

Of course, the complaint was that she didn't have a shortcut to the Internet server... so when I tried to sit down to work on it, for some reason the chair wouldn't move.....
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66

Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought » Wed May 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Remember the old Sennheiser HD 414s with the little two pin connector on the cord that plugged into the drivers?

Yeah, I'm an expert at getting those cords out of studio chairs. We used to keep about twice as many cords as cans. :lol:
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

w9wi

Post by w9wi » Thu May 03, 2012 7:04 am

We used to lose lavalier mikes this way all the time. The fix turned out to be going wireless. We're probably now the biggest customer for 9V batteries in Tennessee, but we almost never lose a mike...
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Thu May 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Speaking of headphone abuse.. One of my past stations had a talk show host who was so deaf (now is your cue to say.."How deaf were they?") They were so deaf that we had to only use the Koss 77 headphones because those headphones were the only ones that could take the Crown D75 amp wired to the headphone jack through an L-pad. Even then, this particular host would blow a set of headphones about every week.