Tower Drone Video

A case of PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair)? Tell us about your war stories!
rich wood

Tower Drone Video

Post by rich wood » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:56 pm

This is a very well done video of tower guys at work,, enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba6H4358fIs

RodeoJack

Re: Tower Drone Video

Post by RodeoJack » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:41 pm

Heard / Read / saw on tv (?) that the FAA wasn't pleased about the one where the climber hiked the batwing.

As I understand the rules, they have a heartache about commercial use of drones, not to mention the 400 foot height limit, which sort-of got busted. Same thing happened over here, when someone published a drone video from well above our Space Needle.

Being a pilot myself, I'm sure not looking forward to meeting up with one of those things.

iowegian3

Post by iowegian3 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:43 pm

It would seem like common sense that a tower is effectively shielding the drone If the drone is flying within the no-go "cone" area created by the tower.

The reports of drones flying around one of the NYC airports is downright scary. As if laser pointers aren't bad enough.

kcbooboo

Post by kcbooboo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:36 am

Last month some idiot thought it would be neat to tape a pistol to his drone. While it was flying it was shooting a bullet about once every 5 seconds. Not sure if that was pre-programmed or under control of the pilot.

So I don't think it'll be too long before someone around NYC figures out how to tape one/some laser pointer(s) to a drone and fly that around as well. But you didn't hear about it from me!

Bob M.