Saturday Morning Curse

A case of PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair)? Tell us about your war stories!
KPJL FM

Re: Saturday Morning Curse

Post by KPJL FM » Tue May 31, 2016 8:04 am

While Mrs. Burk may have an impressive vocabulary, there are only 4 words that a man needs to know in order to have a 'successful' marriage:
I Do!
and
Yes, Dear.
Trim to fit, paint to match, tune for minimum smoke.

NECRAT
Site Admin

Post by NECRAT » Tue May 31, 2016 3:06 pm

KPJL FM wrote:While Mrs. Burk may have an impressive vocabulary, there are only 4 words that a man needs to know in order to have a 'successful' marriage:
I Do!
and
Yes, Dear.
My friend, the retired transmitter guy for WGBH-TV, once opined "Happy Wife, Happy Life".
http://www.necrat.us

"Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"

RGORJANCE

Re: Saturday Morning Curse-IT STRIKES AGAIN!

Post by RGORJANCE » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Yup---4am cell phone vibrates announcing doom and gloom. Answer it and entry incorrect station password. It hangs up. I try to call station, but the error message reads "voice mail has not been set" up and hangs up. Now the home phone rings waking up the "war department". "Do you have to go out"??? NO!!!!! :x

I dial in again on the house phone.....nope it gives me the same error message. I wait a coupe minutes and dial the cell phone. Oh yeah! I get in and enter the correct password........only to find out that the channel giving me a fault isn't in use. :evil: :twisted:

Tuesday I am taking the 9 pound operator adjusting tool to the xmttr site. I'll fix that problem!

Fossil

Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:50 pm

RGORJANCE wrote:Tuesday I am taking the 9 pound operator adjusting tool to the xmttr site. I'll fix that problem!
Don't forget the sharp pokin' stick.
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

Dale H. Cook

Post by Dale H. Cook » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:53 am

RGORJANCE wrote:Tuesday I am taking the 9 pound operator adjusting tool to the xmttr site. I'll fix that problem!
If my 9 pound operator adjusting tool provides insufficient satisfaction I carry a couple of propane adjustment tools, as well as one of the oxy-propane adjustment tools sold in hardware stores. Seeing the crispy blackness provided that way can be very satisfying.
Dale H. Cook, Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html

RGORJANCE

Re: propane adjustment tools

Post by RGORJANCE » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:21 am

Well,now.....if you also had a 12 inch cast iron skillet, you could cook up some possum, racoon, or a couple pesky squirrels. If you were out in Western Ola near the "rattlesnake roundup", you could fry up some tasty snake. :D

Fossil

Dale H. Cook

Post by Dale H. Cook » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:58 pm

Here in the mountains of southwestern Virginia we often have a chance to bag a rattler. When I worked in TV we often found them underneath the heat exchangers for the klystrons. I have seen black bear scat outside mountaintop transmitter site fences but have not yet seen a bear at a site - that would need a really big skillet.

RGORJANCE

Post by RGORJANCE » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:30 am

Well, how 'bout a "Saturday nite curse"?

I got a "silence" call Sat. evening, and I had a pleasant communication with the Burk invisible person. Also, there happens to be RF on the Burk phone line, so I can hear and verify AM programming is ok. Then I start getting repetitive calls of silence. While I am in my voice mail killing the alarms on "missed calls", I keep getting the calls faster than I can clear them. I must have had six or seven calls in rapid sequence. I was thinking of heading out to the site with evil visions of using the G.B.F.H. on a couple different items. :twisted: :evil:

Fossil

RGORJANCE

Re: bear at a site - that would need a really big skillet.

Post by RGORJANCE » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:34 am

Up Nort, here in Wisconsin, they have a popular event called a "fish boil". They use a gi-normous cast iron kettle, suspended with a strong support, just above a big fire. The kettle would probably be large enough to cook a small size bear.

I know for sure it is just about right for the large fish we catch up here. :roll:

Fossil

Dale H. Cook

Post by Dale H. Cook » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:53 am

RGORJANCE wrote:... with evil visions of using the G.B.F.H. on a couple different items.
There is a limit to how much I can carry in the Explorer, and with the second and third row seats folded down I still have the cargo space filled to the tops of the front row seats. I have to be selective with what I carry, so the closest thing to a G.B.F.H. that I carry is a 4 pound hand sledge. So far it has proven big enough to tame recalcitrant hardware. :-)

ChuckG

Post by ChuckG » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:32 pm

Dale H. Cook wrote:. So far it has proven big enough to tame recalcitrant hardware. :-)
I've found an over/under 12ga in a breakdown case fits nicely behind the seat in my Mountaineer and puts the fear of God
into most misbehaving equipment.
<><><><><><><><><>
Chuck Gennaro
Central Wisconsin