EXCALIBUR DA 1-5C AUDIO DIST. AMP

Doesn't fit in a category? It does now.
RGORJANCE

EXCALIBUR DA 1-5C AUDIO DIST. AMP

Post by RGORJANCE » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:23 am

Does anyone happen to have a schematic for this 2 X 10 amplifier? I discovered a couple amps recently, but no IB or detail found.

One of them was in the garbage can and found to have a blown AC wall wart. Got one side working and need to replace a "slightly darkened" op amp on the other side. I trolled the I-net, for leads but didn't get any hits.

Thanks in advance,

Duh Fossil

TPT

Re: EXCALIBUR DA 1-5C AUDIO DIST. AMP

Post by TPT » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:56 am

What op amps does it use? Most of these DA's used 5532's or sometimes TLO72's & bi-polar supply rails. Decode one circuit, multiply by 10

RGORJANCE

Post by RGORJANCE » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:33 am

I can get the replacement NTE 859 chips, no sweat there....I was just hoping for a schematic/user manual for the documentation file. Thanks for the response.

They are pretty simple inside, and the pc boards appear to be nicely constructed with sockets for the chips (LF347N).

I did find historical info on the company....founder passed away several years ago and company shut down.

Fossil

Shane

Post by Shane » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:56 pm

They were in Florida, right?
Mike Shane, CBRE
---Omaha---

RGORJANCE

Post by RGORJANCE » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:38 am

Actually, I found several companies using that name and logo. As I recall from my digging, the fellow that built the broadcast stuff was from PA or VA. The company in FL does remote controlled toy cars, and there is an Excaliburr out in Calif. doing electronic stuff too.

Anyway, I got the amp working on one half, and I need to hit the parts store or the op amp to fix the other half. Now, all I have left to get is a manual for the Omnitronix so I can get the remote control wired into that big Jones plug on the back of the controller chassis. For the time being, I can get it on the air manually..............and that's close e-nuf for guvmint wurk.

Fossil

Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:53 pm

RGORJANCE wrote:Now, all I have left to get is a manual for the Omnitronix so I can get the remote control wired into that big Jones plug on the back of the controller chassis.
Ah yes, the "wish book". You wished the transmitter matched the book. 8)
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com