GAS PRICES

Doesn't fit in a category? It does now.
RGORJANCE

GAS PRICES

Post by RGORJANCE » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Well, us folks in "flyover country" just got slammed. Early this morning I filled up two cars at $2.599 a gallon. Moments ago, the sign on the gas station read $3.129 a gallon. That's a paltry 53 cents one shot increase, which could go even higher. Soooo, Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin (SE portion) got stuck in the "gas"..... tank.

Seems like BP refinery in Whiting, Indiana had a major malfunction. Do you feel our pain? They are running at half capacity.

Fossil

Deep Thought

Re: GAS PRICES

Post by Deep Thought » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:54 pm

A mouse farts in NW Indiana and gas prices go up 50 cents here. We jumped from $2.59 to $2.79 yesterday before the "unscheduled maintenance" was even announced. Will probably be over $3 on my way home.

What's really fun is when Whiting and Joliet both go offline. That usually causes about a buck increase. :roll:
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

TPT

Post by TPT » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:43 pm

$2.35 in SE Ohio--paid $2.15 with 20 cents/gallon discount on my Giant Eagle card.....

But you are in Illinois/NW Indiana--it's all part of a vast left-wing conspiracy :)

ChuckG

Post by ChuckG » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:08 pm

$2.59 yesterday, $2.69 this aft, now down to $2.55 as of about an hour ago when I stopped at Kwik Trip.
I'm so used to the price being unstable I don't even look anymore. Are you stuck with the 'reformulated' gas down there, or is that only Milwaukee county? That seems to clobber the SE WI area spring and fall.
<><><><><><><><><>
Chuck Gennaro
Central Wisconsin

Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:14 pm

$3.49. Gak.
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

RGORJANCE

Post by RGORJANCE » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:34 am

We got that reformulated stuff in all SE counties. Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee, Waukeha, Ozakee and I believe Washington. I got to say that it hasn't been a problem, quite unlike that MTBE abortion they stuck us with years ago. That means Methyl tertiarity butyl ether. That fuel was a disaster. It caused engines to run very hot. I went from 2500-3000 miles on a quart of oil to just barely getting 1,000 miles per quart. On the other hand the ETBE was much better.

I discovered that Clark Oil Co. was exclusively running ethanol and went to that fuel and the engine immediately went back to normal oil use.

The MTBE was found to be contaminating water sources and it got eliminated. The stupidity was that the EPA knew before mandating it's use that it could be a problem but went with it anyway. Duhhhhh!

Fossil

KPJL FM

Post by KPJL FM » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:30 am

MTBE = Mean Time Before Elimination. :oops:
Trim to fit, paint to match, tune for minimum smoke.