BURK TC-8 REMOTECONTROL

Doesn't fit in a category? It does now.
RGORJANCE

BURK TC-8 REMOTECONTROL

Post by RGORJANCE » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:42 am

While digging thru a large amount of debris, we uncovered a very clean TC-8 that we want to use in a simple application at a co-located site where the xmttr is in a separate bldg. The plan is to parallel it with the existing dial up so the ops can basically do a quick restart when the xmttr dumps. And therein lies the rub.

1) can't find manual.

2) can't find relay panel that mates with it.

3) old age and feeble mind forgot what was used for the relays. Was it the IP-8 relay panel the same one the ARC-16 uses, or something else??? I did find the interconnect cable.

Since I was not involved in the original purchase, install, or the removal from service, things are pretty hazy. I am wondering if the "brain trust" has any info.

We should be able to use it without the manual, and I believe I can program it as I seem to recall it is similar to the ARC 16. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Fossil

RGORJANCE

Re: BURK TC-8 REMOTECONTROL

Post by RGORJANCE » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:04 am

Alert!!! Call off the detectives. Dontcha know, 10 minutes after posting the TC-8 request, I'm googling the TC-8 stuff again and the detail pops up and I find everything I asked about. Duhhhhh!

Here is a lesson to self.....don't post questions that you suddenly find answers for after asking others for help. I spent probably 15-20 minutes the other day searching for this info, coming up with cricket sounds, and today it pops up in seconds.

Fossil

PS If anyone needs it, I downloaded some detail, including schematics and parts lists for the TC-8. It ain't the whole magilla, but it has the important goodies.

F

TPT

Post by TPT » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:05 am

Google has gotten into the annoying habit of giving you what they think you are looking for, rather than what you are searching for.

Gets to be an art--structuring questions in order to get the correct answer. :wink:

kcbooboo

Post by kcbooboo » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:37 am

I think that part of google's results are based on income-generation for google, not the relevance of the information. About all you can count on is that the first 10 results might contain what you want; anything after that will contain stuff that has little to no bearing on what you want, often a different model, manufacturer, or purpose. Adding qualifiers like "-ebay" to keep ebay auction items out of the results does cut it down significantly (I wish they wouldn't display auctions that have already ended).

Structuring the original query to give you exactly what you want does take a bit of skill. Some people have it; others do not.

Bob M.

RGORJANCE

Re: skill. Some people have it; others do not.

Post by RGORJANCE » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:08 pm

Personally, I'll take luck over skill any day of the week as long as it smiles on me.

Fossil

Bill DeFelice

Post by Bill DeFelice » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:31 pm

TPT wrote:Google has gotten into the annoying habit of giving you what they think you are looking for, rather than what you are searching for.

Gets to be an art--structuring questions in order to get the correct answer. :wink:
A way around this is to keep a browser or separate computer with a browser with cookies and cache cleared. In the office I keep a desktop with a virtual machine running for specific tasks and when I perform the same Google search on it, with all cookies and cache cleared, I often get different results or results in a different order. Just an FYI for the group.
Webmaster
History of Westport Connecticut Radio
The WMMM Tribute Site

CampusBroadcaster.net
Legal, low power, license-free broadcasting for educational institutions

JBOEHM

Post by JBOEHM » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:41 pm

Bob,
I still have a TC-8 system in use, plus a pair of spares. I have the book as well, so if you need some copies (or you want to copy it yourself), let me know.
Thanks!
John

RGORJANCE

Post by RGORJANCE » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:35 am

John:

Thanks for the offer. The guys hooked it up got it working just fine, and the documentation we had was good enough for what we had to do.

Regards,

Fossil