SALE ITEM

Doesn't fit in a category? It does now.
RGORJANCE

SALE ITEM

Post by RGORJANCE » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:37 am

Weeeelllllll!

We here in Wisconsin have a big give away going on for ANTENNA ICE. We got, you want it. It is free, but shipping charges apply. All varieties available....FM, AM, STL, etc.

I understand Doc has a large quantity, and I have some limited amounts available. As soon as we find someone with an ice chipper and cans of windshield deicer to go up and clear it off, it will be ready to ship. :roll:

Fossil

kkiddkkidd

Re: SALE ITEM

Post by kkiddkkidd » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:50 am

Keep me in mind down here in TN when you get started harvesting. Almost 70d today and over 70 this weekend. Probably will need some this weekend for beverage coolification.
--
Kevin C. Kidd CSRE/AMD
WD4RAT
AM Ground Systems Company
http://www.amgroundsystems.com
KK Broadcast Engineering
http://www.kkbc.com

PID_Stop

Post by PID_Stop » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:22 pm

I'd take you up on this, but right now I think we have a budget freeze. :lol:

-- Jeff

BroadcastDoc
Site Admin

Post by BroadcastDoc » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:01 am

Don't you know it, Bob!

One station running at 25%, another at 75%, a couple others doing the best they can. My day yesterday started at 3am!

Even the sites with heaters and radomes were unhappy. It's probably the worst I've seen in ages, and really is wasn't bad on the ground. It was just a lot "sticky rain" that froze well a couple of hundred feet up.

Fortunately sunny and 40 today. That should help the de-icing process along...
Christopher "Doc" Tarr CSRE, DRB, AMD, CBNE
Help support the Virtual Engineer, use our 1&1 Affiliate link if you need good, cheap hosting.
Virtual Engineer. The Broadcast Engineering discussion forum

RGORJANCE

Post by RGORJANCE » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:33 am

Doc:

My first call was at 204AM. By the time I got that one squared away and back on, the second one called, but it was not coming back from the dead.

The one station has only been down twice in 17 years due to icing. That is remarkable considering there are no radomes or deicers on that ERI low power 'tiller. We been thru some really bad stuff with no problems. This latest ice was the clear, dense, rock hard stuff like you use in "adult beverages".

Temps up in the 40's today should help a lot.

Fossil

RGORJANCE

Re: SALE ITEM-UPDATE

Post by RGORJANCE » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:35 am

Early today, I called the one FM that was off the air with the iced antenna. They periodically were trying to turn it back on without luck.

Someone figured out a way to liven things up. They set up a lottery with a buck an entry picking the time the station would get back on when the ice melted. They wouldn't let me in on the lottery! I guess it was a "cash up front deal" and I'm an hour away.

I get the call at 1135am that the xmttr is back on and we get everything tweaked with it now back at full power.

Win a few, lose a few, the rest are rained out!

Fossil

Shane

Post by Shane » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 pm

If you had been in on the pool, what time would you have picked?
Mike Shane, CBRE
---Omaha---

RGORJANCE

Post by RGORJANCE » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:55 pm

I guessed 11am and called. They hit the switch and it dumped. Wouldn't you know it, 30 minutes later it comes up and works.

Too soon old, too late smart. The life of a contract engineer.

Fossil

BroadcastDoc
Site Admin

Post by BroadcastDoc » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:24 pm

RGORJANCE wrote:Doc:

My first call was at 204AM. By the time I got that one squared away and back on, the second one called, but it was not coming back from the dead.

The one station has only been down twice in 17 years due to icing. That is remarkable considering there are no radomes or deicers on that ERI low power 'tiller. We been thru some really bad stuff with no problems. This latest ice was the clear, dense, rock hard stuff like you use in "adult beverages".

Temps up in the 40's today should help a lot.

Fossil
First xmtr was 2:30. Second xmtr 3:00. Out the door at 4:00. Third called at 5:30. :-)

Made for a very long day!

All were back to full power by noon today. You're right though - nasty ice. Worst I've seen in probably 15 years.
Christopher "Doc" Tarr CSRE, DRB, AMD, CBNE
Help support the Virtual Engineer, use our 1&1 Affiliate link if you need good, cheap hosting.
Virtual Engineer. The Broadcast Engineering discussion forum

KPJL FM

Post by KPJL FM » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:58 am

Free to good home: Slightly used 3.8m sat dish, C-band, prime focal mount. Some minor dents can be hammered out with BFH. Snow cover no longer included.
Trim to fit, paint to match, tune for minimum smoke.