BroadcastDoc

Doesn't fit in a category? It does now.
stengineering

BroadcastDoc

Post by stengineering » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:51 pm

I just realized your on this board and registered to send you a nice work. I lived in Franklin, WI in 2003 and I don't know if you were with Entercom back then but wanted to compliment you on the audio of WXSS. To me the best processed radio station that I have ever heard. Before I moved back to Minneapolis I recorded some air checks of the station. I plan on visiting Milwaukee before winter and if your still with Entercom can't wait to hear the stations again. You are a great person to the industry with your vast knowledge and experience. I have learned quite a bit of stuff reading your posts.

Thank You,
Scott

BroadcastDoc
Site Admin

Re: BroadcastDoc

Post by BroadcastDoc » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:33 am

Wow! Thank you for the kind words!

I joined Entercom (Kiss and Mix) in 2003, and I'm still there. I added WMHX, WOLX, and WMMM in Madison in 2005. Let me know what you think when you get back to town!

-Chris
Christopher "Doc" Tarr CSRE, DRB, AMD, CBNE
Help support the Virtual Engineer, use our 1&1 Affiliate link if you need good, cheap hosting.
Virtual Engineer. The Broadcast Engineering discussion forum

stengineering

Post by stengineering » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:30 pm

Listened to WXSS (I don't care for the format, but my teenage kids do) on the way to the Dells. Can't remember when we lost the signal but I experienced no listener fatigue for the hour or so it was on in the car. When we returned, I started to record some airchecks and wanted to play it for a particular CHR station here as they sound like crap.

BroadcastDoc
Site Admin

Post by BroadcastDoc » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:44 pm

Almost immediately after getting here I installed new processing on all the stations (did the same in Madison). I'm kind of a stickler for the "quality" side of the "quality/loudness" tradeoff. Fortunately, the Program Directors that I work with have all been pleased with the results, so I've been allowed to manage it over the years, and have actually been visiting a few other Entercom markets to work on their audio as well.
Christopher "Doc" Tarr CSRE, DRB, AMD, CBNE
Help support the Virtual Engineer, use our 1&1 Affiliate link if you need good, cheap hosting.
Virtual Engineer. The Broadcast Engineering discussion forum