SEASONS BEST WISHES

Doesn't fit in a category? It does now.
RGORJANCE

SEASONS BEST WISHES

Post by RGORJANCE » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:50 am

I know, this is probably politically incorrect, but that's the way I roll.

May all you engineers have a "Silent Night" and "May Your Dreams Be Merry! And your stockings be filled to overflowing with 807's. (If you don't get that one, ask a ham).

Da Fossil

Deep Thought

Re: SEASONS BEST WISHES

Post by Deep Thought » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:58 am

May the only red lights you see be on Rudolph's nose. :mrgreen:
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

Shane

Post by Shane » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:35 pm

And may the ice remain in your glass and off your antennae! Merry Christmas, gentlemen!
Mike Shane, CBRE
---Omaha---

Bill DeFelice

Post by Bill DeFelice » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Deep Thought wrote:May the only red lights you see be on Rudolph's nose. :mrgreen:
And on your towers, should they be required.

Please, whatever you do, don't drink and drive ... you might spill your drink.
Webmaster
History of Westport Connecticut Radio
The WMMM Tribute Site

CampusBroadcaster.net
Legal, low power, license-free broadcasting for educational institutions

kkiddkkidd

Post by kkiddkkidd » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:06 pm

Shane wrote:And may the ice remain in your glass and off your antennae! Merry Christmas, gentlemen!
57d and rain in southern middle TN... Not a freezing temp or snowflake in sight.
--
Kevin C. Kidd CSRE/AMD
WD4RAT
AM Ground Systems Company
http://www.amgroundsystems.com
KK Broadcast Engineering
http://www.kkbc.com

w9wi

Post by w9wi » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:14 pm

But, I'm afraid, enough rain in Nashville to send one engineer on the roof cleaning out gutters:(
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66

kkiddkkidd

Post by kkiddkkidd » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:38 am

w9wi wrote:But, I'm afraid, enough rain in Nashville to send one engineer on the roof cleaning out gutters:(
Ouch... We only had about .5in here over the period.
--
Kevin C. Kidd CSRE/AMD
WD4RAT
AM Ground Systems Company
http://www.amgroundsystems.com
KK Broadcast Engineering
http://www.kkbc.com

COMMENG

Post by COMMENG » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:13 am

Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year to all the engineers and technicians who keep the filaments lit and transistors cool! 8)

COMMENG

w9wi

Post by w9wi » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:17 pm

kkiddkkidd wrote:
w9wi wrote:But, I'm afraid, enough rain in Nashville to send one engineer on the roof cleaning out gutters:(
Ouch... We only had about .5in here over the period.
That's about what we got up here in Cheatham County. I guess the work QTH was just unlucky:)

Probably shouldn't complain, everything stayed on the air, had time to spend the Sparkfun gift certificate I found in one of my Christmas cards, and was invited to a delicious turkey dinner this afternoon. Life could be a lot worse!
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66

Shane

Post by Shane » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:30 am

COMMENG wrote:Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year to all the engineers and technicians who keep the filaments lit and transistors cool! 8)
Sounds like 180 degrees from our weekend. Had reason to light filaments (and plates) on AM today. OTOH, a translator site lost its A/C and transistors were not kept cool.

On the plus side, if there WERE any bedbugs in the translator shack (not likely) they're almost dead. I think we missed their croaking temperature by 6 degrees. :twisted:
Mike Shane, CBRE
---Omaha---

RGORJANCE

Re: SEASONS BEST WISHES AND THE SATURDAY MORNING CURSE

Post by RGORJANCE » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:36 am

As luck would have it, I gets a 1255pm Sat. afternoon call from the Burk person saying no audio. Of course, I always get the same call becuz I don't have access to the audio stuff, only the RF.

Sooooo, I call another person who knows where the skeletons are buried, but after long effort, he says he can't get it going. Sooooo, I says we probably got snow on the dish. Since I am the closest, I gotta saddle up and drive 51 miles to the site. Got there and snow was the prob. no shovel, snow hard packed, about a foot deep and snow plow had pushed snow up to the gate.

After lots of sweating, kicking snow, I get gate open just far enough to get my fat butt into the dish. Now I use the only tool available----my crutch----to beat the crap outtta the big membrane covering the dish to get the snow to slide off.....and guess where it hits? Yup, all over my legs, feet, shoes and ego. Like they say---"you can't win, you can't lose, you can't quit".

Got audio back, now 51 mile trip back home to a large glass of an adult beverage and supper. (fittingly, it was "wine")

Fossil

Shane

Post by Shane » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:46 pm

RGORJANCE wrote:...no shovel,...
There's yer trouble! You need one of these.
image.jpg
(Thanks for reminding me it's time to put it in the car!) I've rescued cars with their drive wheels stuck on ice with this. It chops ice, doesn't care how packed the snow is, and if the snow is heavy, you won't give yourself a heart attack because it takes a smaller bite. Amazing little shovel. I've had it almost 20 years and it looks pretty much like it did the day I bought it, and I'm not particularly kind to shovels.
Mike Shane, CBRE
---Omaha---

Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:10 pm

Shane wrote:I've had it almost 20 years and it looks pretty much like it did the day I bought it, and I'm not particularly kind to shovels.
I've got one almost identical to that one I bought during my pizza delivery days in Champaign, IL. That was almost 40 years ago...still have it. :mrgreen:
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

RGORJANCE

Re: pizza delivery days in Champaign, IL.

Post by RGORJANCE » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:08 am

Sounds like some well rounded experiences. :roll:

Fossil

PS my shovel is in the trunk of the other car. Duhhhh! Need to get that moved before the next snow.

KPJL FM

Post by KPJL FM » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:54 am

I was putting my shovel into the wife's car, and she asked me why, and I told her "That's so you can dig out my truck when I get it stuck."
The shovel's back in the truck.
Trim to fit, paint to match, tune for minimum smoke.