ARRGHHH!!! I'm AudioVault Stoopid!

Meet our new DJ. His name is Otto Mayshun.
Marathon Don

ARRGHHH!!! I'm AudioVault Stoopid!

Post by Marathon Don » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:49 am

I'm two months into a new gig at a station using AudioVault 8. My middle-aged brain cannot get cart rotations working right. I understand the general concept, but this software and I are not getting along.

Does anyone know where I can get a step-by-step cheat sheet on creating a cart, then adding rotating cuts within the cart?

Longing for the days of Fidelipac...

Don

awsherrill

Re: ARRGHHH!!! I'm AudioVault Stoopid!

Post by awsherrill » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Since you guys are a few weeks(?) away from transitioning to Media Touch, you shouldn't have to worry about it too much longer.

That said, the "on-line help" in Audio Vault is actually quite good at explaining how to create a cart with rotating cuts. Just look for the Help button on the record screen (should be near the top), then search for "cart".

Or I can send you the relevant sections.

Marathon Don

Post by Marathon Don » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:11 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll check that out for sure. Even though we are about to transistion, I've got a feeling I may run into AV again someday. Also, I can't let this thing beat me :twisted:

Regards,
Don

countrykev

Post by countrykev » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:32 pm

In AVRPS...

In the menu on top click "List"

Then click "New"

Type in your details like title, file name, etc...

On the right side of that new list screen click on "Cart" for type

Click OK

If you want to record a new file that's going to be in the cart, click the REC button on the bottom of the screen. This will bring up the cut/modify screen for the individual cut. Click OK and record the file like any other.

If you want to insert an already created file in the upper menu click "List" then "Contents" and "Insert Line"

Type in the file name and click OK

Once you're done, click DONE on the top menu until you see "Save" on top, or hit F10. Always make sure you save your cart, otherwise the cart will be there but none of the contents will be.

As was previously said, the AV operator manual explains this with pictures, too.
What the heck am I supposed to write here?

Marathon Don

Post by Marathon Don » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:22 pm

Thanks!

iMediaTouch_Guy

Post by iMediaTouch_Guy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Carts in AV are similar in concept to the old analog tape carts. You have the whole cart itself as the "cart" with individual cuts inside the cart (i.e. the spots you recorded onto the tape). iMediatouch is similar but instead of a "cart" you have rotations for example you'd setup a cut say COM1000 this becomes the first "cut" and also the "cart" number then subsequent cuts (COM1000 numbered) in the rotation will be COM1000A, B, C,.. etc for each cut thereafter. When you name the cut COM1000 it asks you if you want it to be a part of a rotation (because the same number 1000 would exist) if you don't want it to be then just change the number to a number that is not there for that category (COM). AV's cart is better (IMO) than iMediatouch's because you can put ANY file into the cart and not be limited to A-Z and I think it goes into AA-ZZ but don't remember the limit. Both systems have their good points and bad. I've used both and I like certain things about both that I wish there was one product that had those things in. For the moment I like iMediaTouch. Any other questions let me know. I am more familiar with the older AudioVAULT (AV100) system and know nothing of the newer 'VAULT systems
John R. Jordan, CRO, KJ4PPA
Jordan Broadcast Services
Computers, voice work and automation systems for radio