SS32 EOM with Overlap... possible?

Meet our new DJ. His name is Otto Mayshun.
userjf

SS32 EOM with Overlap... possible?

Post by userjf » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 pm

In SS32, if I set the EOM to 5 seconds, then I WANT the next song to begin playing during the last 5 seconds of the current song.

However, instead, it is cutting the last 5 seconds of the song off, and then beginning the next song.

Is there a setting anywhere to make it overlap the next song during that last 5 seconds instead of just cutting the first one off?

Thanks.

ChuckG

Re: SS32 EOM with Overlap... possible?

Post by ChuckG » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:57 am

Are you using multiple switcher channels for the audio card outputs? You'll get this if the switcher is set to switch hard instead of allowing channel overlap.
<><><><><><><><><>
Chuck Gennaro
Central Wisconsin

KPJL FM

Re: SS32 EOM with Overlap... possible?

Post by KPJL FM » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:57 pm

ChuckG wrote:Are you using multiple switcher channels for the audio card outputs? You'll get this if the switcher is set to switch hard instead of allowing channel overlap.
If you have the need for a switcher (I/O or recording input switching), then you need the BT SS style switcher, and check the DIP switch inside for proper setting to allow overlap.

If you don't need the switcher, set the SS32 to play out the first device.

If you have the SS32 controlling a console On/Off switches remotely, Overlap should be normal. SS32 will set the fader off at EOF, not EOM.

Done this toooo many times.
Trim to fit, paint to match, tune for minimum smoke.