Traffic (Advertising breaks) scheduler

Meet our new DJ. His name is Otto Mayshun.
aleksklikfm

Traffic (Advertising breaks) scheduler

Post by aleksklikfm » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:13 am

Hello,
I am looking for an affordable scheduling software to manage our advertising breaks scheduler. So far, it seems to me that AdMaster (www.admaster.info) offers the most for the price. Any other suggestions for a small market station?
Thanks for your time,
Aleks

NECRAT
Site Admin

Re: Traffic (Advertising breaks) scheduler

Post by NECRAT » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:35 pm

Can you tell us what country you're in? What works in the US, may not be offered in other countries. It would be a great help.
I am assuming you're in Serbia based on your email address.
http://www.necrat.us

"Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"

aleksklikfm

Post by aleksklikfm » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:09 am

Yes, I am located in Serbia.

TPT

Post by TPT » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:20 pm

We use Natural Log, a buy-out program, for traffic and billing. http://www.nat-soft.com/

As already mentioned, basic question is how suitable the program would be in your country.

musiconradio.com

Post by musiconradio.com » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:19 am

Natural Log is an excellent choice. From what I can see, admaster will not allow you to create invoices and billing, which defeats the purpose of a traffic system. Plus it is a lease not a buyout. We use Natural Log with stationplaylist, and have no complaints.

aleksklikfm

Post by aleksklikfm » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:41 am

Many thanks for your suggestions everyone.

After a quick glance, it seems to me that Natural Log's world is spinning around billing and invoicing, and that creating traffic playlists is a sort of "Chapter 3". I like the AdMaster's possibility to keep the entire traffic management outside the main automation, and I've learned that with our automation solution (StationPlaylist), I can set up the entire thing so that we do not have to re-import the traffic logs if they are changed. Considering pros and cons, this is a huge pro, at least for us, as the entire traffic can be done from the back office. The sales manager does not need to be granted the access to main scheduler, which is a huge pain releaf for me (as the person in charge for maintaining the automation).
Also, pricing component could be a subject to additional math. NL buyout is starting at $1295, which is equal to 4 years of licensing of regular AdMaster license (not "starting at"), obviously payable on annual basis. I'll see if they would be willing to offer the additional discount for the e.g. 5 years license.

What about Radiotraffic.com? Has anyone used it?

musiconradio.com

Post by musiconradio.com » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:14 am

I use Natural Log for Station Playlist. It takes about two minutes to generate the commercial log, 10 seconds to import (it is networked, Traffic computer in front office), and we are done for the day. The reason for chapter 3? You need to enter client information, and template setup (the same thing will need to be done for admaster). Sales people never enter station playlist. Traffic gives programming information to add change spots (that takes about five minutes in creator). Plus Station playlist will give you a reconcile file for Natural Log to make sure all spots ran.

If you are generating $$$. Keep it simple. Your going to be entering duplicate data, and by the complexity, more prone to errors.

Radiotraffic would be our second choice for StationPlaylist. Very nice economical system. Just didn't have the features we wanted for our commercial FM. It is a buyout. I think.