Studio addresses in CDBS?

Discuss FCC rules, regulations, news, and information!
w9wi

Studio addresses in CDBS?

Post by w9wi » Thu May 24, 2012 12:29 am

Someone asked me & I can't find the answer...

Where in CDBS is the location of a station's main studio recorded? (*is* it recorded in CDBS?)

I can't find it in any of the tables, which probably just means I'm overlooking something... though I don't recall seeing it in any of the online forms on CDBS either.

The address of the *licensee* appears in the facility table -- but for many records, this is the corporate head office. For example, for WNRQ(FM) here in Nashville, the address in the facility table is in Texas. To the best of my knowledge, it's not legal for a commercial station in Nashville to locate its main studio in Texas :) .

It certainly appears the Enforcement Bureau is aware of the main studio locations, as many of the narratives in the NALs say things like "... the agents arrived at the main studio at 2:00 on Wednesday afternoon and found nobody present...".
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66

RFWarrior

Re: Studio addresses in CDBS?

Post by RFWarrior » Thu May 24, 2012 7:54 am

I find it easiest to look for radio links - STL and RPU licenses. Using your example, WHB980 is an aural STL licensed to WNRQ and puts the source at the studio location, at 55 Music Square West, in Nashville. Cavell and Mertz's http://www.fccinfo.com is a fast way to do this sort of research :)

Best,

Jeff

(edit - fixed the call sign. Trying to remember four letters this early in the day is not a good idea!)
Jeff Welton
Regional Sales Manager - Central U.S.
Nautel
Toll free: 1-877-662-8835, ext. 5127
Halifax Number: 902-823-5127
Quincy Number: 217-919-0189
Cell: 902-489-1635
jwelton@nautel.com

RFWarrior

Post by RFWarrior » Thu May 24, 2012 8:00 am

To clarify - because I just reread and realized that even I didn't understand what I was trying to say (coffee not working, apparently :lol:) - if you look up a call sign (WNRQ in your example) and scroll to the bottom of the page that comes up on fccinfo.com, you'll see links for any auxiliary licenses related to the station.

Of course, if they don't have any licensed band STLs or aux licenses, it gets harder - but that usually applies mostly to smaller stations who will have the studio address as the primary point of contact :)

Best,

Jeff - maybe it's not the coffee, I may be going through kringle withdrawal :shock:
Jeff Welton
Regional Sales Manager - Central U.S.
Nautel
Toll free: 1-877-662-8835, ext. 5127
Halifax Number: 902-823-5127
Quincy Number: 217-919-0189
Cell: 902-489-1635
jwelton@nautel.com

Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought » Thu May 24, 2012 9:23 am

Studio addresses are not in CDBS because the electronic form 302-FM doesn't have a field for them, only a certification that the main studio complies with 47 CFR 73.1125 (Section III, #5). The 302-AM does have the studio address fields, but those are still paper applications and are not entered into CDBS.

So, you're stuck with secondary sources as Jeff said.
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

RGORJANCE

Re: KRINGLE DEPRAVATION

Post by RGORJANCE » Thu May 24, 2012 9:23 am

Vee haff vays of making you talk! Ve can fix your problem.

Go to the O & H web site and order online - they will ship directly to you. However, getting it across the border unscathed is your problem.

Just heard yesterday that a Milwaukee TSA guy got a bit overboard when he made a snide comment about three boxes of carry-on Kringle. The lady more or less told the dude that if he wanted to confiscate her Kringle, it would be " over her dead body"! She got on the plane with the Kringle!

Fossil

w9wi

Post by w9wi » Thu May 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Deep Thought wrote:Studio addresses are not in CDBS because the electronic form 302-FM doesn't have a field for them, only a certification that the main studio complies with 47 CFR 73.1125 (Section III, #5). The 302-AM does have the studio address fields, but those are still paper applications and are not entered into CDBS.

So, you're stuck with secondary sources as Jeff said.
Ah, so I'm not as inobservant as I feared :) . Thanks!
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66