EAS reporting form

Discuss FCC rules, regulations, news, and information!
TPT

EAS reporting form

Post by TPT » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Prediction: 2/3rds of the stations will not have this piece of garbage filled out by the deadline of late August.

To get into the system, you need to register. To register, you need to find where you register...not easy:

https://www.fcc.gov/general/eas-test-reporting-system You need an FRN and password.

They then send you a user name and password, and you go to this link:

https://fcc.appiancloud.com/suite/

Then you need to have a whole bunch of information, including the facility number of the station (a "Form One" for each station), which will fill in the call letters and location--but not coordinates. You will need to enter the coordinates manually, converted to NAD83 and decimal. Don't forget to enter (-) before the longitude. You should get a map showing the correct area of the transmitter. I used NADA27--to quote our former Secretary of State: "What difference does it make?"

Monitoring assignments are those listed in the state plan. (I have one station I will need to file for that isn't even in the state plan) Only recognizes AM or FM call letters--you can add other stations that you actually monitor.

I got stuck at where they wanted the "geographic zone" the station serves. Does not compute with anything in the state plan--they use "local area" which the system rejects. Tried FIPS code--doesn't work either.

Then, after entering everything, and saving--went back--and couldn't find the original entries.

TPT

Re: EAS reporting form

Post by TPT » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:47 am

The geographic zone entry has been fixed--you need to click on link to add a zone, then enter it and save (in my case "Parkersburg EAS local area"). You are then returned to the page one of the form.

Didn't work last night.

Another question occurs--I have a transmitter in a different state--do they want the city of license under the transmitter box or the actual physical location of the transmitter? I used the city of license.

This will be fun in the future--that station is in one EAS local area, but the monitoring assignments are for a different area (since the studios are located in that operational area with another station). I actually monitor relays from both areas, but this is bound to confuse someone.

And I still contend most stations--lacking any staff engineering help--will not have these forms filed by the August deadline.

Shane

Post by Shane » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:20 pm

Sounds like a job for corporate. Oh wait...you ARE corporate!
Mike Shane, CBRE
---Omaha---

RodeoJack

Post by RodeoJack » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:58 am

Anyone figure out how to set up a number of stations, under multiple ownership, using a personal FRN? I thought that might work when trying to register for several clients, but nope. Emailed the "help me" link, and they confirm you need the FRN/PW for EVERY license you happen to be working for. Multiple stations under that licensee can be registered (one at a time) after you have that owner's FRN/PW.

Working with DC Atty's to get that info for a couple in my group.

If you do this kind for work for your clients, I hope you charge your hourly for office work.

Bleh...
Last edited by RodeoJack on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

TPT

Post by TPT » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:08 pm

The DC attorneys have the FRN password--but they won't have the technical expertise to figure out what is needed for the Form One. True--they can register, and then e-mail the user name and password to the station...but then someone there needs to dig up the information needed for the Form One. Hence my view that many stations won't be registered by the August deadline.

ChuckG

Post by ChuckG » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:17 pm

TPT wrote: Hence my view that many stations won't be registered by the August deadline.
I wouldn't bet against you with someone else's money.
<><><><><><><><><>
Chuck Gennaro
Central Wisconsin