The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States. NASCAR consists of three national series (the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™, NASCAR XFINITY Series™, and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series™), four regional series, one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. Based in Daytona Beach, Fla., with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit http://www.NASCAR.com and http://www.IMSA.com and follow NASCAR at http://www.Facebook.com/NASCAR and Twitter: @NASCAR.
NASCAR Productions seeks a talented professional to join us in the position of Broadcast Engineer based in our Charlotte office.
The Broadcast Engineer will work with senior level Engineers operating systems and overseeing live productions. He/She will be working in a post/live facility with production clients and servicing the needs of those involved in the production of live shows.
BROADCAST ENGINEER – NASCAR PRODUCTIONS
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Manage the day to day engineering duties on live shows and maintenance of equipment as needed
• Work with senior engineers on live shows and maintenance of equipment as needed
• Maintain NASCAR Productions engineering shop
• Configure and patch connections between microphones, amplifier, fiber transmitters, telephone line, and auxiliary power supply to relay broadcast material to master control
• Test equipment prior to broadcast
• Assist with parts inventories, cable pulling, equipment installation and integration
• Actively learning NASCAR Productions control rooms, studios and other parts of the Broadcast facility by learning switcher programming, Audio console programming, intercom programming, and other necessary live broadcast programming. Also, maintains communications in case of problems or broadcast interruptions
• Provide technical support for the IT and Broadcast Engineering Departments
• Travel up to 10% including weekends
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school and a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of broadcast engineering and transmissions experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Satellite provider, Television stations, and remote mobile unit company preferred
• Requires specific knowledge of RTS Intercom systems, Evertz or similar HD Video and audio routers, and knowledge of Grass Valley production switchers
• Needs basic understanding of how IT interacts with broadcast areas and can work thru basic system issues
• Should have knowledge of broadcast equipment such as scopes, routers, camera systems, Multi Viewer monitor systems, EVS, etc.
• Engineering also overlaps the file based workflow and editing environment so a strong IT base as it relates to the broadcast world is necessary
**Please apply online or visit: http://www.nascar.careers.com**
https://external-nascar.icims.com/jobs/ ... gineer/job
Looking for help or looking for a new gig? Post here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1