Tower needed

FM does it with frequency!
demwaves

Tower needed

Post by demwaves » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:59 am

Good morning.
I have a four-bay antenna system weighing 50 kilogrammes and a wind load of 8 kilogrammes. Estimated wind-speed is 160 kilometers per hour (100 miles per hour)

What type of guyed tower system would you recommend?

What type of self-supporting tower would you recommend?

Please help me.

Regards.
Denis.

Kelly

Re: Tower needed

Post by Kelly » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:29 am

It boils down to a tower designed for the weight and wind loading characteristics for the environment it will be located. For example; a tower located in the desert near sea level with light winds will require less structural elements than a tower atop a 4,000ft mountain top site with freezing fog or high ice load. What is the expectation for other antennas also on the tower? A lot of things to consider, so if you're looking for a brand and model number, you're looking in the wrong direction.

Most tower companies have mechanical engineers who can help you determine the best structural design for your location.

COMMENG

Post by COMMENG » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:28 pm

I would contact this Group:

https://natehome.com/

and find out which erector company would be closest to your location.

The tower company engineer helps you with permitting, siting, FAA regulations, environmental impact statements, FCC regulations, material procurement, etc.

The last time I had tower work done for a customer two of the three climbers were female and were hilarious. They wanted me to go to the local hamburger place and get some lunch AND bring it up to them. :lol:

You might also want to investigate renting on a current tower. I had an AM customer that needed a tower for an FM translator and we found a 400 foot self-supporting tower in the middle of our coverage area which also had a large equipment building at its base.

COMMENG

NECRAT
Site Admin

Post by NECRAT » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Probably won't help him much. He's not in the United States.
COMMENG wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:28 pm
I would contact this Group:

https://natehome.com/

and find out which erector company would be closest to your location.

The tower company engineer helps you with permitting, siting, FAA regulations, environmental impact statements, FCC regulations, material procurement, etc.

The last time I had tower work done for a customer two of the three climbers were female and were hilarious. They wanted me to go to the local hamburger place and get some lunch AND bring it up to them. :lol:

You might also want to investigate renting on a current tower. I had an AM customer that needed a tower for an FM translator and we found a 400 foot self-supporting tower in the middle of our coverage area which also had a large equipment building at its base.

COMMENG
http://www.necrat.us

"Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"