Dayton AF225 FM Receiver/Monitor

FM does it with frequency!
JustMe

Dayton AF225 FM Receiver/Monitor

Post by JustMe » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:13 pm

I have a Dayton Industries Model AF225 FM Receiver/Monitor which has started doing strange things. I am wondering if anyone has a schematic drawing to this receiver. I have the user manual which gives me dip switch settings to set frequency, etc, but no schematic. It seems Dayton Industries has gone belly up, so here we all are. Any info or leads would be helpful. Thanks.

-Mike-

blc46r

Re: Dayton AF225 FM Receiver/Monitor

Post by blc46r » Thu May 04, 2017 7:46 pm

I just picked one up to play with not knowing exactly what it could do. No manual of any kind. If you could post or send me the guide to dip switch settings, that would be huge! I looked up the big chip inside which seems to be a microprocessor, meaning this thing is a software defined radio. It does not seem to have any conversion that I could see external to that chip, unless there are a bunch of components on the bottom of the circuit board. I did not look at that yet.

Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought » Fri May 05, 2017 9:02 am

The big chip is for the frequency synthesizer (tuning) and is probably the same one they used on the 210. I've attached the manual for that model which has a tuning chart. Maybe that will be of some assistance.

Dayton is out of business so if you should happen to find the correct manual it would be helpful if you dropped a copy of it here to help out your fellow wanderers.
Attachments
Dayton AF210Fm2 Manual.pdf
(946.3 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

Dale H. Cook

Post by Dale H. Cook » Sat May 06, 2017 6:40 am

blc46r wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:46 pm
..., meaning this thing is a software defined radio.
As Deep pointed out, this is a synthesized receiver, not a SDR - Dayton never made those (I have worked with Dayton products for about 30 years).

I have several Dayton manuals, some electronic copies and some scans of physical manuals. None of them have schematics so you may be SOL.
Dale H. Cook, Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html

blc46r

Post by blc46r » Sat May 06, 2017 7:18 am

I took the board out of the case so I could look at the bottom side. There I found a LA1193 (High Performance FM Front End same as in the AF210), LC72131 (PLL), and a LA1845N (Stereo Decoder IC).