Gates Air Flex20 vs. Nautel NV20lt

FM does it with frequency!
Lee_Wheeler

Re: Gates Air Flex20 vs. Nautel NV20lt

Post by Lee_Wheeler » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Update:

Nautel shipped my client a new VS2.5 and it was installed last night by the local staff with no drama at all. Up and running great and we will see if it stays that way - my bet is that it will be trouble free for years to come.

...Lee

RFWarrior

Re: Gates Air Flex20 vs. Nautel NV20lt

Post by RFWarrior » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:09 am

Lee_Wheeler wrote:Update:

Nautel shipped my client a new VS2.5 and it was installed last night by the local staff with no drama at all. Up and running great and we will see if it stays that way - my bet is that it will be trouble free for years to come.

...Lee
If it doesn't, call me. I'll make it a point to swing by in person on the way by some day (after snow season ends up here). :)

Grounding looks good by the way - only question I had is are your tower ground rods and the AC ground connected together? That was the only thing I didn't see answered in your explanation. If they aren't, you've got a fixed resistance of ground resistance per foot times however many feet between the two ground rods across which to develop a potential when 10kA+ of lightning energy jumps across the ball gaps and starts looking for places to dissipate. :)

I avoided commenting on the rest of the thread, as I'm kind of biased when it comes to Nautel vs. GA opinions - although I will chime into say that Flash's demise, while not imminent, is well underway on our end. :D
Jeff Welton
Regional Sales Manager - Central U.S.
Nautel
Toll free: 1-877-662-8835, ext. 5127
Halifax Number: 902-823-5127
Quincy Number: 217-919-0189
Cell: 902-489-1635
jwelton@nautel.com