Silent Disco /Silent party

FM does it with frequency!
Vinicius Thedim

Silent Disco /Silent party

Post by Vinicius Thedim » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:10 pm

First of all i would like to say i´m not an Enginner or FM hobist. I found this forum because i was searching for help on a specific subject. I hope i can find it here.
The matter:
I want to produce some silent disco parties (aka silent parties) and i have very few knowledge regarding FM transmitters. As far as i could research FM transmitters are great for this type of events. Good FM transmitters are cheaper and has reasonable sound quality . Other advantage is that almost everyone has a mobile phone with FM receiver and headphones.
The problem:
In my country there is a regulation that prohibts FM transmition beyound 50 meters. I plan to the parties on public squares ,beachs and other open free of obstacles places.
I need a transmitter that can apdap the range and as far as i could research it depends on transmitter power. I don´t know if some low powered transmitters has power regulation. I mean an 0.5 w Transmitter working on half power on less (0.25). I also don´t know if low power affects the quality transmition.
This not all my doubs. I could find that good FM transmiters must be stereo, PLL and DSP.
All i ask for you experts is an advice of wich equipment to buy at a cost of no more than u$ 80,00.
I want the best quality sound and the possibility to regulate it to the maximum reach of 50 meters.
Any other advices and non complex technical explanations will be of great help.
Hope you can help me.
Thanks

Lee_Wheeler

Re: Silent Disco /Silent party

Post by Lee_Wheeler » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:03 pm

We tend to be in the really high power world with stations that reach out hundreds of km so I don't know that we are your best source.

A search term that will help you find a source is "Part 15 FM Transmitter". There used to be a company called Ramsey Electronics that made a variety of part 15 transmitters but I think they went out of business. I'm sure someone else stepped in to fill the void but I don't know of a source off of the top of my head,

...Lee

Dale H. Cook

Post by Dale H. Cook » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:06 am

In our country that low power level falls under Part 15 of the FCC Rules & Regulations. The best source for Part 15 information, with an excellent set of forums, is:

https://www.hobbybroadcaster.net/
Dale H. Cook, Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html

dbuckley

Post by dbuckley » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Vinicius Thedim wrote:All i ask for you experts is an advice of wich equipment to buy at a cost of no more than u$ 80,00.
What you need is a BW broadcast TX5.

The problem you have is budget. I suspect you are in a country where the comma is used as the decimal separater in currency, and so what you write as $80,00 is just eighty American dollars. If that is the budget, you'll have to buy something fairly horrible, which will be made in China. Search AliExpress for FM transmitter, perhaps something like this.

NECRAT
Site Admin

Post by NECRAT » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:10 pm

dbuckley wrote:
Vinicius Thedim wrote:All i ask for you experts is an advice of wich equipment to buy at a cost of no more than u$ 80,00.
What you need is a BW broadcast TX5.

The problem you have is budget. I suspect you are in a country where the comma is used as the decimal separater in currency, and so what you write as $80,00 is just eighty American dollars. If that is the budget, you'll have to buy something fairly horrible, which will be made in China. Search AliExpress for FM transmitter, perhaps something like this.
I believe he is in Brasil based on his email address and an internet search.
http://www.necrat.us

"Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"

dbuckley

Post by dbuckley » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:49 pm

NECRAT wrote:I believe he is in Brasil based on his email address and an internet search.
In which case, yes, confirmed. The Brazil currency format is R$ 1.234,56

So an 80 buck transmitter.