Sine Systems RAK-2

FM does it with frequency!
Joe Friday

Sine Systems RAK-2

Post by Joe Friday » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:26 am

I have used the Sine RFC-1/B for many years, and generally like them. I came across info on the RAK-2 and it looks interesting, as it gives the RFC-1/B a web interface and the ability to e-mail or text alarm conditions. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Thanks!

Kevin

taylorengineer

Re: Sine Systems RAK-2

Post by taylorengineer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:42 pm

I bought one several-many years ago. I never got the web side working correctly. The guy who owned Sine Systems (senior moment - can't call his name) died soon after I got mine and I never found anyone who could help me after that.
I still use it today for the UPS feature.
There was a guy in La.- name is/was Olin Booth if I recall correctly - who wrote some code for the Sine. I never saw it in action but it had a similar web GUI to the one I got from Sine.

Shane

Post by Shane » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:14 pm

They have contact info on their web site. I strongly suspect you won't get a human to pick up the phone but perhaps they call you back. There are also email links including one for support. And the usual FAQ page. Oh, and sales!
Mike Shane, CBRE
---Omaha---

ChuckG

Post by ChuckG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:34 pm

taylorengineer wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:42 pm
I bought one several-many years ago. I never got the web side working correctly. The guy who owned Sine Systems (senior moment - can't call his name) died soon after I got mine and I never found anyone who could help me after that.
I still use it today for the UPS feature.
There was a guy in La.- name is/was Olin Booth if I recall correctly - who wrote some code for the Sine. I never saw it in action but it had a similar web GUI to the one I got from Sine.
John Pate is the fellow you are thinking of.
Armstrong owns Sine now, I haven't had occasion to call them so I can't say how good or bad the support is.
<><><><><><><><><>
Chuck Gennaro
Central Wisconsin