Burk ARC 16 Channel Detection

FM does it with frequency!
musiconradio.com

Burk ARC 16 Channel Detection

Post by musiconradio.com » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Good Afternoon.

Got a Burk ARC 16 that blew a fuse (had severe thunderstorms) replaced it and now it is okay (I think) . Put unit back in rack and no metering Why? because I hooked up the DB-37 connectors to the second input 9-16 instead of 1-8!!! Duh!!!! So I took it home and looked at the manual which pointed my error.

On the bench, The ARC 16 will only allow me at adjust the first channel (A1). Question: does the ARC have to detect voltage or a connection from the transmitter to access additional channels?

Thank you.

RGORJANCE

Re: Burk ARC 16 Channel Detection

Post by RGORJANCE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:13 pm

It will require a voltage at the metering input of each channel. You might want to take it back to the site and hook it up to the IP-8 relay panel to get a voltage sample, You should be able to recalibrate the xmttr readings.

Or.....hook a 1.5V battery to the metering input on the IP-8 and see if you can adjust the reading. Keep it (sample) about 1,5 VDC. Anything around 2.5 V will drive it bonkers,

Fossil

musiconradio.com

Re: Burk ARC 16 Channel Detection

Post by musiconradio.com » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Thanks. I thought it was a goner, and was happy when It woke up with a fuse replacement. I just didn't realize that the top connectors were marked 9-16 and the bottom connectors 1-8. My lesson: read the text above the connectors in the future :) Hopefully it will detect voltage and be ready for calibration.