Sine Remote Control

FM does it with frequency!
rich wood

Sine Remote Control

Post by rich wood » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:42 am

Just finished a new Nautel 7.5 NVLT installation. The transmitter start up went very well, but getting the presets to operate with the remote control took a little digging in the AUI interface to get the "toggle" selections correct. The real challenge was the sine system remote control and RFC-1 with only a telco interface. The alarm channel programming took a long time until I realized that two of the alarm channels were not working (B and D)! Also it was tough to get the trigger selection to work on an upper limit/lower limit settings. . After hours of pushing buttons on the phone (Enter four digit address,,, again!!)it all worked out.
I am not sure I can charge for all the extra time the install took,,, and paying tuition is not fun.

ChuckG

Re: Sine Remote Control

Post by ChuckG » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:03 pm

There used to be serial connected software for those that made programming a lot easier, but it seems to have disappeared.
<><><><><><><><><>
Chuck Gennaro
Central Wisconsin

Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:49 am

It's the same commands as the phone codes, but the unit has to have the serial port and the correct firmware version. You can do it with a simple terminal program. See attached excerpts from the manual.

It wouldn't be that hard to write something to work from a spreadsheet dump and do all of the programming in one shot either via the serial port or via DTMF generated by a little dongle.
Attachments
Sine Systems serial control.pdf
(48.23 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

kkiddkkidd

Post by kkiddkkidd » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:20 pm

Deep Thought wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:49 am
It's the same commands as the phone codes, but the unit has to have the serial port and the correct firmware version. I'll post the details once I get to the office today. You can do it with a simple terminal program.
There actually was a software (DOS IIRC) that would aid in programming the RFC1b via the serial port. IIRC, it was written by an engineer from MS but I can't recall who. I saw a copy of it but never had one. I think that you filled out a form on screen and then committed that form to the unit via the serial accy board after the entire form was complete.

I installed so many RFC1b's that I used to carry a speed dial telephone with the buttons programmed for often used sequences. It sped up programming tremendously.

I have a few stations that have 4 power changes per day programmed for every month. I had one that was controlling the tx as well as a remote sat rx channel selection via the timed functions.
--
Kevin C. Kidd CSRE/AMD
WD4RAT
AM Ground Systems Company
http://www.amgroundsystems.com
KK Broadcast Engineering
http://www.kkbc.com

Dale H. Cook

Post by Dale H. Cook » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:38 am

At one time I had half-a-dozen sites with Sine RFC-1B remote controls, now I am down to one under retainer plus a few more that call me in for major problems. In order to keep the programming for several sites in one place, and to simplify changing programming, I created a Sine programming spreadsheet which is nowadays a LibreOffice Calc document.
Dale H. Cook, Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html

Lee_Wheeler

Post by Lee_Wheeler » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:06 pm

I'm not sure if this place is even still a going concern but years ago I bought a software package called "+Plus Sine" that made programming the units easy. At the time I was setting up a network of a few of dozen stations and about 100 translators and the page flipping between the programming sheets and the word list along with the touch tone pushing was getting old.

They still have a web site but I see that it is bannered "New for 2009" so there is a good chance that they are no longer a going concern.

http://www.fixmystation.com/products.html

...Lee

rich wood

Post by rich wood » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:19 pm

Excellent suggestions. I really like the phone with speed dial features, and a speaker phone of course, that would speed thing up. Plus the spread sheet is a good plan.
thanks
so Kevin you kept the Argo,,, go idea it is an really handy tool. We could not have done the dakota job with out it and the custom inovations you put on ii,, a pneumatic arm for the plow!!! perfect!!