Audemat FMB80 RDS and RCS..

FM does it with frequency!
waveguide

Audemat FMB80 RDS and RCS..

Post by waveguide » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:13 am

Hello,
I'm trying to get RCS MAstercontroll to output data to my FMB80 RDS unit but I'm having no luck (to display Radiotext Now playing).

Anyone know what format of ASCII data I need to send via the UDP stream?

And how do I configure my FMB80?
I've created a port on the FMB80 set to receive the UDP ASCII stream, no so far no luck.

Thanks

Kelly

Re: Audemat FMB80 RDS and RCS..

Post by Kelly » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:10 am

It's been a while since setting one of these up, but generally you'll need a PC running some form of middle-ware application between what your automation spits out, and your RDS encoder. Allen Hartle at Jump2Go is the guru on making really good interfaces for RDS. I've always used his applications for that reason: www.jump2go.com

Scott.Cason

Post by Scott.Cason » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:09 pm

waveguide wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:13 am
I'm trying to get RCS MAstercontroll to output data to my FMB80 RDS unit but I'm having no luck (to display Radiotext Now playing).
Anyone know what format of ASCII data I need to send via the UDP stream?
And how do I configure my FMB80?
I've created a port on the FMB80 set to receive the UDP ASCII stream, no so far no luck.
Kelly, I can relate my experience setting up my FMB80 with Nexgen.

First, you'll want to make sure the FMB80 has the tags in the proper place. I've attached a couple of pictures of the configuration of mine.

You'll then want to make sure the Master Control is sending out data the FMB80 can understand. I've attached a picture of the export on my Nexgen.

Now, if you are pushing the data across the network, you'll need the IP address that your FMB80 is on. If it's co-located with your air machine, it should be pretty straightforward. The FMB80 takes data on port 23. If your FMB80 is located at the transmitter site, like mine, you'll need to push it out of your building to the public IP address at your transmitter site on a port of your choosing. Then in the router at your transmitter site will have to translate that public port to the private IP address and port 23 on your LAN.

I'm sure it's clear as mud to you now. :D
LaGrange Communications - http://www.lagrange-com.com
Froggy 95.9 - http://froggy959.net/

RCS_Success

Post by RCS_Success » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:06 pm

waveguide wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:13 am
Hi Waveguide. If you're still having issues with this, please let me know!

Barry
Barry Hill
RCS Director of Customer Success - The Americas
Customer Success Hotline - (914) 259-4731
Email - Barry@RCSWorks.com
Twitter - @RCS_Success
Facebook - RCS.BarryHill