XDS PRO4R Manual?

Qs23

XDS PRO4R Manual?

Post by Qs23 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 am

Hey,

So we just got a new XDS box for the CBS news move. And it's not the PRO4Q, but a PRO4R! Which means built in Livewire and Livewire GPIO! (Sorry, very excited that I don't have to solder up another DB-9 connector and can connect it to our AXIA network.)

Now the problem that I have is that I have no clue how to set it up for Livewire. And the manual that came with it was for the PRO-Q and not the PRO-R.

I've tried contacting Pico, but nothing. So, has anybody got a manual for the PRO4R or can help with a setting up the livewire?

themarcshow

Re: XDS PRO4R Manual?

Post by themarcshow » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:40 pm

XDS with Livewire! NICE!

I don't have a Livewire network but I do know enough about AOIP to make me dangerous... and I like to look at the settings on things. Here's what I found.

In a browser, pull up the local IP assigned to the receiver either manually or via DHCP. Username is tech, password is the same you use on the myxdsreceiver.com site. (the friendly one you set or the one you get via the front panel)

Under the General tab, click Digital Audio.
Edit Configuration Settings
Turn Livewire On
Choose if Master Clock is on or off.
Enter your channel number for each Port A-D
Choose your mode Live Stereo/Low Latency Stereo/Standard Stereo
Enter Livewire GPIO if applicable

Then Save Configuration Settings.

Good Luck!
Brad Beahm
Operations Manager Platte River Radio
Hastings, Ne
kd0jct

Qs23

Re: XDS PRO4R Manual?

Post by Qs23 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:24 am

Well, according to one of the other engineers in the company, it doesn't matter if the XDS has a livewire output, because it is currently not active. So, AES audio it is.