Audioarts D75 sticking buttons

Joe Friday

Audioarts D75 sticking buttons

Post by Joe Friday » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:07 pm

I just installed a used Audioarts D75 console, and it has an odd mechanical problem. Just about every push button switch on all of the modules stick to some degree or another. Some stick so bad it is necessary to use a small screwdriver to help them return once they are pushed. This console sat unused for about 2 years before I put it back into service. Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

sallen

Re: Audioarts D75 sticking buttons

Post by sallen » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:34 am

I'm going to suggest my go to Lubricant, Tri-Flo, it's silicon based and does not leave a gummy residue like wd-40. Works great on Locks and door latches, console hinges and RF contactors. I would try it on one or two buttons first and you may have to wipe away any excess.

bill981

Re: Audioarts D75 sticking buttons

Post by bill981 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:53 pm

Remove all the button caps and wash them. It's the gunk that sticks to the sides that makes them not want to come back up. You know, stuff like soda, coffee, etc. Just sitting makes the stuff grow. When it was in constant use it would have a lower coefficient of friction. If you can't remove them, the a damp cotton swab or cloth on a tiny spatula should help.