My Remora

sallen

My Remora

Post by sallen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:13 pm

An LPFM I work with was given a Logitech Remora surface and two audio engines to use or trade/sell to get the console they want. Are these console still desirable. Or are there any surfaces out there that they may get to use with the second audio engine.

RGORJANCE

Re: My Remora

Post by RGORJANCE » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:38 pm

I have assisted in the installation of 6 Remora consoles. Long term experience has shown that they are pretty reliable.

While I haven't had much to do on the computer end of the console programming, it isn't that difficult. I have gone into it a few times to change an input, etc.

Like any computer driven device, you will have to do some learning. One nice thing, with two engines, they can be configured as a main and backup with the appropriate cards, or you could add a second surface in, say,a production environment. In fact, I think we have one engine covering two surfaces at one of the stations I cover.

Fossil

sallen

Re: My Remora

Post by sallen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:46 pm

These are a great console I installed some of the original Roc 10 consoles in Seattle over 15 years ago. They are just not the right fit for this LPFM at this time. So these will most likely be sold and the money put towards a simpler console.