Call Director/PBX Devices

Slab Bulkhead

Call Director/PBX Devices

Post by Slab Bulkhead » Thu May 05, 2016 1:50 pm

I take care of an LPFM that has 2 phone lines, one for the studio, and a "backdoor" number that is used for remote control for unattended sports via a Sine Systems DAI-1 box. AT&T has eliminated the "metered" business service (which we were using on the backdoor line since it doesn't call out) and raised the price on the unlimited service, resulting in a phone bill hike, so I'm looking for a way to route everything through one line and drop the backdoor line.

I'm looking for a line-sharing device similar to the now-discontinued Inovonics "PBX" unit that generated a fake "ringback" tone while listening for DTMF entry of a special code to direct the call to another jack. I think it defaulted to line 1 output if there was no code entered. Is there any such device being made right now?

TPT

Re: Call Director/PBX Devices

Post by TPT » Thu May 05, 2016 5:23 pm

Cheap alternative: A "home phone" from Verizon.

This is a cell phone with a little "rubber ducky" antenna and a telephone jack--which then can be used with any ordinary telephone. It will work with Sine systems remote controls. The cost is only around $20 per month (there is an initial equipment charge, but it is also modest).

ChuckG

Post by ChuckG » Thu May 05, 2016 10:24 pm

Looks like this might do what you're asking:

http://faxswitch.com/atx250.html

If I'm reading correctly the caller can transfer between devices manually with touch-tones.
<><><><><><><><><>
Chuck Gennaro
Central Wisconsin

Slab Bulkhead

Post by Slab Bulkhead » Fri May 13, 2016 9:56 am

ChuckG wrote:Looks like this might do what you're asking:

http://faxswitch.com/atx250.html

If I'm reading correctly the caller can transfer between devices manually with touch-tones.
Thanks so much! I obtained one "new in box" for a good bargain via eBay and will give it a try.