How to work with DSNG?

It's just radio with pictures! :)
xtrime

How to work with DSNG?

Post by xtrime » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi. recently i joined in a tv channel.bt suddenly i'v to work with dsng.bt i didn't any previous dsng work experience.in my offc nobody help me with that. so i wnt to know about dsng work.how to operate dsng? plz help me.

Baylink

Re: How to work with DSNG?

Post by Baylink » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:13 am

There is a several hundred page manual as a PDF that explains how to do SNG & DSNG operations that I ran across a couple of years ago when I was working at a network. Let me see if I can find the link to it.

PID_Stop

Post by PID_Stop » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 am

It's hard to know exactly how to help without knowing how much general experience you already have. Someone who has been working in broadcast engineering for a while and who has experience operating microwave trucks will need far less general training. They will mostly need to learn specifics for the equipment in that particular truck, how to locate satellites, and how to call and work with the satellite access centers.

For someone with absolutely no experience, the training needs to be much more extensive, including truck safety and basic engineering.

Some of this can be learned by reading the equipment manuals and general guidelines; some can probably come from your truck's manufacturer. Still, that will be somewhat incomplete.

I've done microwave and satellite remote work for 30+ years, and frankly there is no substitute for working with someone who knows the job. Reading is important, but you learn so much by watching someone find a satellite on a spectrum monitor, peak on it, call the access bridge, confirm the tuning and set the power levels -- and then doing it yourself while the experienced operator watches.

If you can find someone at another station with the experience, perhaps you can ask to watch them at work. Organizations like the Society of Broadcast Engineers are often good ways to meet people who would be glad to give you this kind of practical help.

Best of luck to you --

Jeff

Baylink

Post by Baylink » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:01 am

Yup: here it is:

www.sngforum.com/

Link up top.

I've read this manual, and it goes into some scary details, so if you've been thrown in the deep end the odds are it will be helpful to you.