TV recievers

It's just radio with pictures! :)
CelsoMate

TV recievers

Post by CelsoMate » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:22 am

Hi!
i would like to know how does the TV reciever at home captures two channels with same content( same channel_different frequencies ) , but we are using one TV transmitter in that area .
could you help me please?

KPJL FM

Re: TV recievers

Post by KPJL FM » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:34 am

the data the station sends with the signal is corrupted or mis-applied, causing the tv to think there are two separate channels.

Also, in my area, there is a station with a fill-in translator. The same programming is on the transmitter and translator so the tv shows there are two separate signals, which there is.
Trim to fit, paint to match, tune for minimum smoke.

CelsoMate

Post by CelsoMate » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:16 am

hI\i!
so what can i do in order to change this situation?

KPJL FM

Post by KPJL FM » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:13 pm

you can delete the duplicate channels in the tv list on most TV's. Otherwise, you can't do anything. It's in the signal.
Trim to fit, paint to match, tune for minimum smoke.

PID_Stop

Post by PID_Stop » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:01 pm

I'm not clear on your involvement here. Are you a home viewer wondering what's going on, or someone at the station trying to fix it?

If you are at the station, it would help to have a better idea about how you are encoding your signal and inserting PSIP into it.

-- Jeff

NECRAT
Site Admin

Post by NECRAT » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:26 pm

CelsoMate wrote:Hi!
i would like to know how does the TV reciever at home captures two channels with same content( same channel_different frequencies ) , but we are using one TV transmitter in that area .
could you help me please?
Hi CelsoMate.

Can you clarify what you are asking here? What channel are you watching (call sign), and what frequencies are you seeing it on?

-- Mike
http://www.necrat.us

"Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"

CelsoMate

Post by CelsoMate » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:23 am

PID_Stop wrote:I'm not clear on your involvement here. Are you a home viewer wondering what's going on, or someone at the station trying to fix it?

If you are at the station, it would help to have a better idea about how you are encoding your signal and inserting PSIP into it.

-- Jeff
well , good question engeneer , im working in order to understand the phenomenon ....actually i dont think is a big deal problem because theres no any observed trouble....like mal function of the equipment
soon i will send u the attachment to put it clear. :)

PID_Stop

Post by PID_Stop » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:18 pm

CelsoMate wrote:
PID_Stop wrote:I'm not clear on your involvement here. Are you a home viewer wondering what's going on, or someone at the station trying to fix it?

-- Jeff
well , good question engeneer , im working in order to understand the phenomenon ....actually i dont think is a big deal problem because theres no any observed trouble....like mal function of the equipment
soon i will send u the attachment to put it clear. :)
Okay, sounds good! I often help viewers who call with reception problems, and the sorts of information they need to get their receivers working properly is often quite different from what an engineer at a television station needs to know to set up the encoding and PSIP. :)

-- Jeff