Identify noise with LPTV

It's just radio with pictures! :)
ddrop8722

Identify noise with LPTV

Post by ddrop8722 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:42 am

Hi Folks. Need some help diagnosing a noise issue with our LPTV signals. I can provide Slingplayer info if you are willing to take a listen to it, and me, and give some assist if possible. IM me if you want to lend a hand. Thanks Much!

BigRed

Re: Identify noise with LPTV

Post by BigRed » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:31 am

ATSC (digital) or NTSC (analog)?

Can you be a bit more specific about how this "noise" presents itself, where it shows up? You mention stations, not station. Are the same symptoms presenting on all the stations? And if the stations are running multiple video services are the symptoms showing up in all the services or just certain ones?

Also, in what part of the world is the station (or stations) located?

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:56 am

Agreed. We need a lot more info to be of any assistance. How many stations are involved? How are these stations receiving the programming? Satellite? Microwave? Is this video noise or audio noise? What does the noise appear as, buzz, hum? When did this start happening? Was any work done or changes made to the program chain before this issue started happening?

NECRAT
Site Admin

Post by NECRAT » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:49 pm

The O.P. of this thread often posts questions with no follow up. I think the best way to help him would be via PM.
http://www.necrat.us

"Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"