HD-SDI DVR

More channels means more money for the techs, right?
kc9hta

HD-SDI DVR

Post by kc9hta » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:22 am

I'm looking for a HD-SDI DVR that will record an OTA signal for air check purposes. Here's one I found already:

http://www.everfocus.com/downloads/Prod ... asheet.pdf

I wanted to reach out and see if you guys have any ideas?

Thanks,

Nate

PID_Stop

Re: HD-SDI DVR

Post by PID_Stop » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:24 pm

We have just installed Cobalt Digital SpotCheck monitors at all of our stations. They monitor the entire transport stream, and typically take either an 8-VSB or ASI feed, not HD-SDI, so they give you not only a confidence feed of each program stream, they check audio CALM compliance, closed captioning compliance, and verify the signals in a number of other ways. A very handy tool if you're trying to track down intermittent problems with your encoders or PSIP. The system can import the as-run log file from your automation system, so that you can quickly identify bad clips (e.g., overly loud commercials). The whole thing is accessible through a web browser, so you don't need anything special to view clips or get information... your sales people can call it up and tell their clients that yes, their spot did air at exactly that time with proper audio levels and captioning.

We're still pretty early in the curve with ours, but already they've come in quite handy... much better than the system that recorded hour-long chunks of demod video and audio.

-- Jeff

w9wi

Re: HD-SDI DVR

Post by w9wi » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:30 pm

We use Volicon Observer, also hooked to an ASI feed. The website says they also offer SDI and RF inputs. It does exactly what Jeff's SpotCheck does. We're pretty happy with it.

Nate, your link on Everfocus seems to be broken. It's not apparent to me (long day!) which of their products you're using.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66