IRD 8200 auto modulation mode vs manual modulation selection

More channels means more money for the techs, right?
chuckiecukie

IRD 8200 auto modulation mode vs manual modulation selection

Post by chuckiecukie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Hello, may i ask your knowledge about my experience recently. Im about to receive a live football match where I tuned the required parameters into my 8200 auto mod detection mode and also to my manual modulation selection mode ird.

When the carrier was up, only the auto mode can able to decode the signal.Though both had the same parameters tuned in. I checked in the decode>video section it seems quite good for my manual mod ird should be able to decode but couldnt. The manual mode couldnt detect any data and it shows only unlocked status.

Btw, auto modulation detection means we dont need to put DVB-S or DVB-S2 whereas in manual mode we need to select it likewise.

Any thoughts?

thanks

grich

Re: IRD 8200 auto modulation mode vs manual modulation selection

Post by grich » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:16 am

The 8200 is pretty nice...you can pull in most feeds with just the frequency and symbol rate.

For most other receivers, you need:
-frequency (depending on receiver, downlink frequency or L-band frequency)
-symbol rate
-FEC
-modulation type
-pilots on/off
-roll-off

Don't forget basics, either. I was hosed earlier this year because a receiver's inputs had been messed with, and the sat polarity I needed wasn't hooked up.

What's the model of the other receiver?

chuckiecukie

Post by chuckiecukie » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi grich,

both are same 8200 model,both enabled to decode 420 by default.The format of the feed was 420 so there should be no prob receiving in both ird's.

I hope i can have a little bit to make a screen shots of both ird licenses so that you can help me analyze how it makes different.

Edit: Of course having that auto detecting devices doesnt mean we dont need to care the basic anymore which is our strong foundation in this field :D

grich

Post by grich » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:31 pm

chuckiecukie wrote:...Of course having that auto detecting devices doesnt mean we dont need to care the basic anymore which is our strong foundation in this field :D
Make sure both receivers are connected to the same LNB sources in the same way. That's what got me into trouble earlier this year.

Go into Customization>Licensed Features on the 8200 web page and compare the licenses on each receiver to make sure they match.

I presume you have already rebooted the receiver having trouble. Sometimes they need to be kicked even though they're set up right.