smpte 2022 vidéo over IP network

More channels means more money for the techs, right?
mirabelle mirabelle

smpte 2022 vidéo over IP network

Post by mirabelle mirabelle » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Hi every body,
I need more informations about SMPTE 2022 standards. I know that it contains 07 parts , each part define a spécific fonction.
For exemple SMPTE 2022-1 is about Forward correction
and SMPTE 2022-2 define how the vidéo is encapsulated in ip packets.

so in my project, i need to transport video from studio to the head end over telecom network

STUDIO Channel 1: Video MPEG4 CBR (6Mbps)

Headend Channel 1: Video MPEG4 VBR (1.8Mbps)

We need to buy encoders working with SMPTE 2022-1 and smpte-2 standards
my quastions is do I need also to put in my tender smpte-6 and spmte-7 standards????????????????????????????????????????????

Thank you

Kelly

Re: smpte 2022 vidéo over IP network

Post by Kelly » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:53 am

Just curious why you're hung up on SMPTE 2022 as a requirement?

We use off the shelf IP encoders from Fujitsu and Harmonic from several of our overseas bureaus using VPN tunnels over the public Internet with great success. Much less expensive, higher quality, and lower cost than satellite by any measure. I particularly like the reliability of the Fujitsu units, as they're able to react to lost packets better than the Harmonic IRD's. As a bonus, the Fujitsu comes with IP and ASI outputs standard. With Harmonic, the ASI output is an option, and can't function when used for IP too.

With either encoder/IRD combination, we can send up to 1080P-60 video with surround encoding as low as 10Mbps. If you go with broadcast HD, you can easily get away with 5Mbps, with no discernible loss of video quality.