NX50 question

IBOC, HD Radio, FM eXtra, DRM, Importers, Exporters, Exgines...digital radio spoken here!
Muadeeb

NX50 question

Post by Muadeeb » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:01 pm

I have a NX50 configured for HD that appears to not get PSD. The transmitter is not on the same network as the PSD generator, but we can verify that the information is getting to site on port 11000. We're set up with an Exporter Plus on the DSL network on the eth1 port. eth0 is connected to the Exgen in the transmitter. I know that the network side of things is good as I can talk to the Exgen through the site's normal network.

Is anyone configured this way and pushing PSD successfully?
Procrastination I can totally do. I'm good at it, I have a black belt in procrastination, it's an art form for me, I'm the absolute King of, well, I'll finish this thought la

BroadcastDoc
Site Admin

Re: NX50 question

Post by BroadcastDoc » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Dumb question, but are you sure ETH1 is configured correctly with the right external IP address? I assume that your DSL modem is "dumb" and simply initiates the PPPoE session and that your boxes need to have valid IP's. You may want to configure another device on that port and make sure everything is good.
Christopher "Doc" Tarr CSRE, DRB, AMD, CBNE
Help support the Virtual Engineer, use our 1&1 Affiliate link if you need good, cheap hosting.
Virtual Engineer. The Broadcast Engineering discussion forum

RFWarrior

Post by RFWarrior » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:46 am

What Doc said - remember that both Eth0 and Eth1 can be programmed to different subnets, although it appears you've done this - this was to allow the Exporter Plus to hand cross subnet traffic, to provide a small measure of protection from the big bad outside world - it's an issue we've run into in the past (folks, please remember to firewall these things, especially if you're connecting them, or any part of your air chain, to the wild west that is the public internet!). Our record for an unprotected Exporter connected to a public IP is down to 9.5 minutes...

That said, I did run into a case awhile ago where I programmed the Eth0 target IP address into the Exporter and after I rebooted, it came up with some other default address. Took 3 cycles (might have been 4) of program and reboot before it stuck - no idea why. Passed the info on to engineering, but haven't had a chance to follow up. So take a look at the Eth0 address and make sure it hasn't defaulted to something else. The fact that you indicate you can access Exgine from the outside world indicates this isn't the case, but worth checking into.

I'll pass this thread along to the bit masters and see if they come up with any ideas as well.

Best,

Jeff
Jeff Welton
Regional Sales Manager - Central U.S.
Nautel
Toll free: 1-877-662-8835, ext. 5127
Halifax Number: 902-823-5127
Quincy Number: 217-919-0189
Cell: 902-489-1635
jwelton@nautel.com

Muadeeb

Post by Muadeeb » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:21 am

The Exporter is port forwarded throught the DSL router, so we push the data to the public IP on port 11000 and the router redirects it to the Exporter.

We actually got it fixed late Wednesday. The SIS schedule in the exporter was set dramatically wrong. After setting it to the book defaults, PAD started pushing, but was sometimes delayed. I figure some of the delay is due to Internet congestion, but sometimes it displays the song info for the previous song.

The unit actually ate itself on Thrusday, so it's going back home for a foot massage.

I was actually 'working' with Nelson and he kept saying 'Its not the Exporter, its the data from TRE'. Someone might want to suggest that he have the user verify _all_ settings before claiming the problem is outside the box.
Procrastination I can totally do. I'm good at it, I have a black belt in procrastination, it's an art form for me, I'm the absolute King of, well, I'll finish this thought la

RFWarrior

Post by RFWarrior » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:49 pm

Will do - I'll pass this thread along...

Best,

Jeff
Jeff Welton
Regional Sales Manager - Central U.S.
Nautel
Toll free: 1-877-662-8835, ext. 5127
Halifax Number: 902-823-5127
Quincy Number: 217-919-0189
Cell: 902-489-1635
jwelton@nautel.com