Anyone use this? It looks interesting.
Kent Winrich
Owner, Consultant, Floor Sweeper and Official Thread Hijacker
Broadcast and Technology Blog http://sceotech.com/blog/
Raleigh, NC

eadler

Re: ustream.tv

Post by eadler » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:13 am

I have used it from the user end but not the provider end. There's a few out there like it.
Eric "tonsofpcs" Adler
http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/
Twitter: @eric_adler

k0vsc

Post by k0vsc » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:22 pm

ustream.tv works better then livestream.com. So far the best service out there I have had good luck with is justin.tv. I do some streaming when playing games on the Xbox 360 using flash media encoder and so far justin.tv has had the best video/audio quality with the fewest server errors.

PaulBWalkerJr

Post by PaulBWalkerJr » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:25 am

We use ustream.tv at our radio station, Monster Radio AM 1150 WGGH. I don't think we've ever had a problem with it that wasn't caused by an internet/power outage or one of us at the studio.

You can "see" it in action by going to http://www.wggh.net and clicking Live Stream

rockmanac

Post by rockmanac » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:54 am

k0vsc wrote:ustream.tv works better then livestream.com. So far the best service out there I have had good luck with is justin.tv. I do some streaming when playing games on the Xbox 360 using flash media encoder and so far justin.tv has had the best video/audio quality with the fewest server errors.
I've watched some streams, most recently, the day that RB3 accidentally got shipped to people early... JTV was definately the *best* stream they had up. UStream is good, but their player seems to not like my computers.
Addie Chernow
Director, WCCO-TV
WWW - @chernowa - KC9JHY

Formerly:
OverDrive Operator, WKOW-TV
Director/Technical Director, WKOW-TV
Director/MCO, WREX-TV

bogointeractive

Post by bogointeractive » Wed May 18, 2011 7:42 pm

I think Ustream is making great strides, but I hate that you have to pay $200 for something that maybe you could get for free from Adobe or something like that. I mean we started using it way way back when it was just coming out. We were one of the few to test out the Flash Media encoder on their stream. It did not work well with our cams. We are hoping to find a USB switcher for some USB cams but I keep telling the crew to go DV and firewire for clean clear picture.

rockmanac wrote:
k0vsc wrote:ustream.tv works better then livestream.com. So far the best service out there I have had good luck with is justin.tv. I do some streaming when playing games on the Xbox 360 using flash media encoder and so far justin.tv has had the best video/audio quality with the fewest server errors.
I've watched some streams, most recently, the day that RB3 accidentally got shipped to people early... JTV was definately the *best* stream they had up. UStream is good, but their player seems to not like my computers.