stream multiple stations?

A place to discuss Webcasting
50ohmload

stream multiple stations?

Post by 50ohmload » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 am

Has anyone set up one PC to stream multiple stations, say 3, simultaneously? How about with a Windows 7 home premium computer - are there any recommendations for a sound card that will work well with Win7, and ios it balanced or unbalanced? Many thanks!

wb9fhr

Re: stream multiple stations?

Post by wb9fhr » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:18 pm

Did a 2 stream server. Shoutcast and 2 MIA cards. Works for HD-2 & HD-3.
WIN XP older IBM computer, 1gig ram. But no reports of it choking yet. Did use the same bit rate on both streams.
I doubt that it is heavily used. Small Public station. They wanted just something to say it was available.
Dave Janzer
Milwaukee

themarcshow

Post by themarcshow » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:48 pm

I have 4 soundcards in one box doing multiple streams and silence monitors. It's just an Win XP home Dell Pentium 4 2.4Ghz with a 512MB of RAM.
I have one rescued AudioScience card, motherboard sound, Soundblaster PCI, and another PCI card. It handles them all well.

That box is also the server for our AP NewsDeks. And it records sometimes 12+ continuous hours of .wav airchecks during special programming. Never a hiccup on it.
Brad Beahm
Operations Manager Platte River Radio
Hastings, Ne
kd0jct

eadler

Post by eadler » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:10 pm

We use a Lynx AES16e card. 8 AES3 inputs (stereo = 16 channels of audio). There are a number of analog cards out there as well, but it would likely be cheaper (and less trouble-prone) to use a few USB 'sound cards' or separate internal sound cards.
We use SpacialAudio's SimpleCast (one license per audio source) for the streaming.
Eric "tonsofpcs" Adler
http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/
Twitter: @eric_adler

bogointeractive

Post by bogointeractive » Wed May 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Wow you guys all have me beat. I have a Windows XP P3 866mhz Dell that just runs 2 streams here out of one gigabit network card. It has two audio cards on it and so far so good. I use a free on air automation program called RadioDJ and EdCast standalone to run the streams to the servers. I use Live365.com but I am wondering if there is something cheaper and better out there. I also have another stream I am wanting to put online but I am not sure if this box will take it. Also with my 15mb by 1mb cable connection will take it either all at 128kb.