Looking for VTers on Internet Streams

A place to discuss Webcasting
bogointeractive

Looking for VTers on Internet Streams

Post by bogointeractive » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Admins, I was not sure where to put this, so if you need to move please do.

I am in need of a few Voice Trackers on 3 internet streams I am running. I think if I had a full staff it might help bring the listenership up. I am sorry there is no pay as of yet for this job, but if you want to do some things for a hobby streamer like me hit me up. I have an 80's channel, 50,60, 70s oldies and one Active Rock. And join the club. Check it out on http://theworldofbogo.com for more information. I am wanting to get more listeners and or maybe start to sell the stations if anyone can help me out with that. Most companies need a embedable player for their ads so if you can help with that, it would be great. Thanks everyone.

rockmanac

Re: Looking for VTers on Internet Streams

Post by rockmanac » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 pm

bogointeractive wrote:Admins, I was not sure where to put this, so if you need to move please do.

I am in need of a few Voice Trackers on 3 internet streams I am running. I think if I had a full staff it might help bring the listenership up. I am sorry there is no pay as of yet for this job, but if you want to do some things for a hobby streamer like me hit me up. I have an 80's channel, 50,60, 70s oldies and one Active Rock. And join the club. Check it out on http://theworldofbogo.com for more information. I am wanting to get more listeners and or maybe start to sell the stations if anyone can help me out with that. Most companies need a embedable player for their ads so if you can help with that, it would be great. Thanks everyone.
Unless someone overrules me, I think it's kosher here...

Now it looks like you're trying to address 3 issues here (correct me if I'm wrong):

1. You need some VTers
2. You need help marketing your stations
3. You need web dev help to get embedded players working for your streams

1: I wish I could help but I don't have the equipment for it right now. I haven't been on the radio since college and I kinda of miss it.

2: This is out of my area of expertise, however, I will tell you that a having had some friends who ran a fairly popular internet station, a big part of it is:
a) word-of-mouth advertising
b) finding a niché for your station(s) (My friends ran punk & ska music that you wouldn't normally hear on the FM dial on their station.)
c) having solid presentation on your stations...in other words, make it sound like you're a big player even if you're not. (I haven't had a chance to listen yet, so I don't know what you sound like.)

3: Wouldn't the companies doing your streaming just give you an embed code you can plug into your site? Unless you mean feeding data into a player then that's beyond what I know.
Addie Chernow
Director, WCCO-TV
WWW - @chernowa - KC9JHY

Formerly:
OverDrive Operator, WKOW-TV
Director/Technical Director, WKOW-TV
Director/MCO, WREX-TV

bogointeractive

Post by bogointeractive » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:39 pm

I need VTer's yes. I need some help getting my stations out there yes. The ad company that I want to go with require that they have like an overlay or something in the player so they can click on ads or something to monitor the clicks like google or what ever does. I want to get these stations up nicely but it is a pain when you dont have the tools to do it.

ajstriker

Post by ajstriker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:06 pm

What kind of a time committment are you expecting from prospective VT'ers? I may be interested if you still have the need.
There's always room for a bigger amplifier!

bogointeractive

Post by bogointeractive » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 pm

I just need recorded tracks for your time slot. It is up to you on how often you want to update the tracks. I have a dropbox setup that you or anyone can use to send me files. I have Chris doing two of the 3 stations and the files have not been updated in a month but he is a busy man these days. So again, it is all up to you on what you want to do in updating your show. If you want to send me new files daily then that is up to you. I can give you some audience because I am listed on iTunes for all 3 stations and I max out a lot of times. I have a world wide audience, or so the logs say.

rockmanac

Post by rockmanac » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:09 pm

bogointeractive wrote:I just need recorded tracks for your time slot. It is up to you on how often you want to update the tracks. I have a dropbox setup that you or anyone can use to send me files. I have Chris doing two of the 3 stations and the files have not been updated in a month but he is a busy man these days. So again, it is all up to you on what you want to do in updating your show. If you want to send me new files daily then that is up to you. I can give you some audience because I am listed on iTunes for all 3 stations and I max out a lot of times. I have a world wide audience, or so the logs say.
Interesting. I just moved but once I get everything unpacked and stuff, I'd be interested too. But as I said above, don't have the stuff at the moment to do it. (It's in storage waiting to come up to St. Paul.)

ajstriker

Post by ajstriker » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:52 am

I'm definitely interested. I'll IM my contact info.
There's always room for a bigger amplifier!

bogointeractive

Post by bogointeractive » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:25 am

Guys there is no rush here. The main thing is that I am just looking for guys/gals who are pros. That love radio. Again, there is no pay for this unless I can get it to where I can have ad inserts with the players. I can give you the audience though. Just a hobby for me since I get tired of hearing my own voice on two of the three stations. :)

bogointeractive

Post by bogointeractive » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:30 pm

I have a few people interested in this and I sent them an email, but have not heard back. So folks let me know.