Stream Rippers

A place to discuss Webcasting
KrisAnderson

Stream Rippers

Post by KrisAnderson » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:56 am

Pretty much a newb at streaming and I recently learned about stream ripping. Now here's my question. We brand every one of the tunes we play by talking up the intros just like an old school top 40 station. Why would anybody in their right mind want to stream rip from us when there are a bazillion sources of "clean" tracks out there on the internet? Any ideas? Suggestions? Speculation? :roll:

w9wi

Re: Stream Rippers

Post by w9wi » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:41 am

KrisAnderson wrote:Pretty much a newb at streaming and I recently learned about stream ripping. Now here's my question. We brand every one of the tunes we play by talking up the intros just like an old school top 40 station. Why would anybody in their right mind want to stream rip from us when there are a bazillion sources of "clean" tracks out there on the internet? Any ideas? Suggestions? Speculation? :roll:
I've "stream-ripped" shows so I could time-shift a show I couldn't listen to live & play it on the CD player in the car.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66

Deep Thought

Re: Stream Rippers

Post by Deep Thought » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:56 am

Most web streams frown on stream ripping and the RIAA/Soundpolice pretty much require anyone who is streaming to take action to prevent it.

However, I don't see a question in your question. What are you trying to find out?
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com