KYFR radio

Doesn't fit in a category? It does now.
mbrockm

KYFR radio

Post by mbrockm » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Wondering if anyone knows anything about KYFR site, south of coin, Iowa. Its a four tower AM. Doing some work for them on the side to resolve problems with both RF and directional control wiring. I bit like exploratory surgery right now, blind folded. Need to find diagrams on the directional system and DA control wiring. Name plate says it was built by C.S.P. Doylestown, PA. If anyone has any insights on this DA would be appreciated.
Mark Brockmeyer
KMA Engineering

awsherrill

Re: KYFR radio

Post by awsherrill » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Don't know anything about KYFR, but CSP is now known as Phasetek, with more or less the same people involved. You can still get some of the parts for the CSP stuff. I have a couple of phasing systems built by them.

You may want to contact Phasetek and see if they can provide documentation.

mbrockm

Post by mbrockm » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:25 pm

Good to know there may be someone with documentation and at least some part of the company may still exist.
Mark Brockmeyer
KMA Engineering

Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:56 am

I think Bob Jones did the original setup on that and I may have old tuning notes, etc. in the office basement. If so you can have the file. I should be at the office in about an hour (it's about 10 AM CST now).

added:

It appears that Bob took all of the Family Stations files with him when he "retired", which means Pat threw them all out when he passed away. If there was anything in there about KYFR, it's gone now. Sorry.

CSP begat Vector Technologies which begat Phasetek. Dave Gorman would have been the one who designed that phasor but he too is gone now. Hopefully Kurt still has the files for you.
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

Shane

Post by Shane » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Mark B,

Check your PMs

-mike-
Mike Shane, CBRE
---Omaha---

mbrockm

Post by mbrockm » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:14 pm

Got them up and running again. Full power day and night. A bit hit and miss with the RF switch control wiring with out a schematic. The replacement RF switches had different control wiring than the orginals.
Mark Brockmeyer
KMA Engineering