RadioWorld Magazine

Doesn't fit in a category? It does now.
kcbooboo

Re: RadioWorld Magazine

Post by kcbooboo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:13 am

I never even knew there was an "Author's Page". Maybe I've just never fully perused the older web site. At times it was so cluttered I'd close my eyes and just click on the menu item I wanted to see, and could easily get to the article that interested me.

The new site seems to be aimed solidly at the smartphone audience, with their limited screen size. So desktop viewers end up with more than half the screen being blank. It does cut down on bothersome advertising content but also means it takes a lot of scrolling to read even a short article.

Bob M.

Lee_Wheeler

Post by Lee_Wheeler » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:13 pm

I got an email from them last week with a link to the most poorly constructed survey that I have ever seen. They wanted to rank how often you use various forms of media when researching equipment - on a 1 to 30 scale - with no guidance on which is more or less. If I use say Google a lot does it get rating closer to 1 or 30? If was so terrible I just deleted it.

I really think they need to rename it Community Radio World, or Pandora World since that is all they seem to write about.

...Lee

Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:17 pm

Lee_Wheeler wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:13 pm
I really think they need to rename it Community Radio World, or Pandora World since that is all they seem to write about.

...Lee
Funny that...I haven't gotten the print edition for a month now. Haven't missed it.
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

kcbooboo

Post by kcbooboo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:20 am

Mark: Perhaps your subscription, like mine, finally expired. Email Kwentin K. Keenan, Circulation Manager, NewBay:
kkeenan [ at ] nbmedia [ dot ] com
and let her know. She sent me a link to a personalized subscription screen that I just had to answer some questions on, and after that she sent me links to all of this year's issues.

I wonder if these subscription terminations are part of their move from NYC to VA and their new improved web site and computer system.

Bob M.