replacement LNB

Doesn't fit in a category? It does now.
TPT

replacement LNB

Post by TPT »

Haven't had to buy one for quite a while. We've had some interesting changes to signal levels on our receivers, suggestion from sat. tech of LNB failure.
Also just checked in with another local station (their engineer retired)--experienced satellite feed failure. May be receiver, may also be LNB--that dish hasn't been touched for ages.

Suggested make and model for C-band? I see Norsat 3220 advertised, any other suggestions?
grich

Re: replacement LNB

Post by grich »

That ought to work.

The 3120 has a better stability rating, +/- 5kHz vs. 10kHz for the 3220. Don't know the cost difference though.

Hopefully, you're not getting 5G interference already.
grich

Post by grich »

Another thought is...has frost heaving affected the dish aiming?
TPT

Post by TPT »

Well, last year we discovered that the post was no longer vertical, starting going downhill a bit. But this is WV, everything goes down hill around here.

The problem we are seeing is the gain figures are creeping up on some of the receivers, particularly the XDS receivers. "Satellite guy" claims this may indicate failing LNB, aggravated by cold temperatures. I don't know about that....

The other site I visited today apparently had a satellite receiver failure. Little one RU receiver, Star-cast or something like that. Very limited info on the LCD screen--just that it was "unlocked." Which, of course, could be the receiver, could be the LNB or even the coax failing. Think the network is sending another receiver. If the receiver isn't the problem, I'll get the guy down to check dish alignment & replace the coax. Want to have an LNB handy in case that is the point of failure
DaveSt

Post by DaveSt »

As you know it could be many things. But you have to start somewhere and the Norsat LNB's are good. Add water ingress/condensation into the feed to your check list.
TPT

Post by TPT »

For that second site--religious station. Their network sent another receiver, came up with no problems However, the coax from the dish is in poor shape. I picked up new coax for them. They are going to change out the old feed. If we have problems after that, then we will look at getting them a new LNB.